PT I-THE SPARK OF WAR: Chapter One // A Stranger's Return

"Congratulations boys, And Genevieve, for expanding our Pack further up Massachusetts!" Congratulates Griffith, a tall, toned young man with uncombed, short black hair which is left unnoticed because his ocean blue eyes bring focus to his perfectly chiseled face.

"Hey a round for my men, we're celebrating!" Orders Runt, Griffith's younger brother, a short and skinny young man with his black hair tied in a bun, pairing a set of glimmering hazel-green eyes.

A waitress brings over a tower of alcohol drinks to the booth the Pack Guards are in. Along with several full glass bottles of the same liquid. Genevieve, a small toned woman with short dyed red hair and light brown eyes, gets up from her seat at the far end of the table, grabs a bottle, pops it and starts gulping it down before she even sits back down. She belches, catching the attention of all the men in the Pack Guard, and speaks,
"Take notes, that's how a real man commands a room." She laughs.
The rest of them laugh and Griffith adds, "always a pleasure Genevieve", and she raises her bottle to him and continues chugging.

Before Griffith can take his first sip, Timothy, the bartender, a scrawny well dressed looking guy with dirty blonde curly hair and golden eyes, gives Griffith a tap on the shoulder. Timothy points over to a landline at the opposite end of the bar. Griffith makes his way there and pulls the phone up to his ear.
He's greeted by another man on the phone. Griffith suddenly gets clammy and reaches to the bartender for a towel to dry the bullets of sweat he feels drenching his face. He grasps the phone again.

"Hello Alpha Commander. Did you receive our letter? We've got our territory, and have become one of the largest packs in history." Reports Griffith.

"Excellent my son. You've made your mother and I both very proud. We cannot wait for your return." Compliments The Pack's Alpha, Frederick.

Suddenly a group of four people march in. Cloaked in brown and black trench coats with hoods up, casting a shadow on their faces they storm their way to the bar stools. The biggest one demands Timothy's attention. Startled, Timothy carefully takes the person's order. Griffith redirects his attention back to his phone call but Frederick has already hung up so all Griffith can here is a repetitive beeping. He places the phone back on the wall and heads back to his group.

Some time goes by and Griffith has felt uneasy about the people sitting at the bar stools. They've been shouting and pushing Timothy around. Griffith clenches his fist so hard his nails dig into his palm. Genevieve approaches and sits next to him. Griffith's grip calms as Genevieve begins to speak.

"Is something wrong Griff?" Questions Genevieve.

"Dont know about this group over there," Griffith lifts his head slightly towards the bar stools, " They keep messing wi- .. around and I smell trouble."

As Griffith finishes his thought, the biggest cloaked person slams down their glass. They chuckle and push one of the others within their group,
"Boys! Let's get going." They order. They all rise and head towards the exit. As they leave, Griffith grills them. Timothy rushes past the cloaked group and stops in front of them before they can get to the door.

"Excuse me ma'am, you forgot to pay for the drinks." Explains Timothy.

"What did you just say to me, pipsqueak?" The big woman lifts her bulky, muscular arm into the air causing the hood atop her head to slide off. Her face reveals itself to show a woman with long brown dreadlocks tied up in a ponytail with violet-red bloodshot eyes. Before Timothy could say anything else, she swings her arm down, tossing Timothy to the side like he was a ragdoll. The room fills with silence.

Griffith charges towards the woman then stops dead in his own tracks as she jolts herself around to stare Griffith down. All Griffith sees are her eyes. He's seen these eyes before. Her glowing violet red eyes grill him and she chuckles the same bone chilling chuckle again.
"You smell trouble, eh? Matter of fact... I think the feeling's mutual." She twists her entire body around, throwing off her coat revealing a giant, muscular body clothed with thick leather and fur. Her fingers suddenly grow claws and her face now covered in fur, as well as the rest of her body. Her nose and mouth grow a dog-like snout with rows of canines. The other people she's with stand behind her revealing themselves to show they're just like her.