Chapter Three// The Prince Comes Home

While Speeding through the deep woods, The pack guards halt themselves at the base of a tall mountain. While everyone Immediately shuts off their headlights and unfuses, Frederick hops out of a vehicle and walks towards the mountain. Frederick stops directly at it's base, grazing his hand over a cliff's wall, pushing a square segment of that wall inwards, like a button. A loud rumbling begins as a crack of light escapes through a sudden opening where the cliff meets the ground. Gradually raising itself like a garage door, two lines of people march out in black and brown jumpsuits, looking like mechanic uniforms. Everyone in a vehicle begins exiting and they rush in while the people in jumpsuits take over the vehicles and drive them through the entrance.

As Griffith rushes out of the truck, Genevieve does not follow. Instead, Genevieve takes a short glance towards the back cargo. She freezes and clutches onto the steering wheel. A loud tapping on her window causes her to hop up slightly. Turning her head she realizes it's one of the people in a jumpsuit. The man holds a set of keys, similar to Genevieve's set which is still in the ignition. The man again, taps on the window and Genevieve takes a breath out. Genevieve rolls down her window nodding to the worker that. She tries waving him away but he stays near.

"All due respect ma'am It would be against orders to let you do that. I must do it for the safety of the pack. We need you alert in case of an ambush." States the worker.

"While you're wasting our time explaining this to me, I could've already put the truck in the lot!" Genevieve snaps.

Griffith hastily makes his way back sending the worker away. Griffith glares at Genevieve as she mimics herself smoking; reminding Griffith of some special treats they have hidden in the cargo. Griffith quickly silences himself, becoming red as he walks through the entrance into the mountain. Genevieve zooms past Griffith, nearly knocking him over, and parks the truck in a giant indoor lot full of an assortment of vehicles. Both military and civilian. She hops out of the truck as Griffith quickly approaches her, finally reaching the lot. Suddenly a loud rustling shakes the cargo of the truck. Griffith looks over, then looks at Genevieve with a concerned look washed over his face.

"Do you know what that is by chance?" Questions Griffith.

Genevieve hesitates. "My parking job must suck. I think something fell. I'll go check the stuff we took from the vampire's on our last mission."

"Don't smoke it all." Griffith says while taking a couple steps away from the truck.

More rustling shakes the truck. Griffith glares at her, seeing she wasn't going to make this easy for him, Griffith begins marching to the back end of the truck. Two big latched doors stood before him. Hopping into the back bumper of the truck, he effortlessly unlatches the doors. Griffith clutches the doors, ready to swing them open, just as Genevieve reaches out, stopping him.

*Please Griffith, can you just trust me. " Genevieve struggles.

"It better not be another animal. You know that's not allowed. My father doesn't like domesticated animals." Griffith reminds her.

"It's not, trust me. I won't make that mistake again. Come back at midnight, when nobody is around." Suggests Genevieve.

"That doesn't ease my suspicion." He glares at Genevieve once more. "You're lucky you are my best friend."

Genevieve nods with a relieved smile on her face. Griffith hops off of the truck and begins heading to the very end of the tunnel while Genevieve stays at the truck, disappearing into it's cargo. At the end of the tunnel, about 50 yards from the parking lot, stood a large door. On the walk there Griffith nodded to every gaurd on the way there. Finally reaching the door, now waiting amongst the rest of the pack that rescued him, the door opens. Everyone begins rushing past Griffith, almost trampling over him, returning down into the place they all call home.