55 ⋆ I TOLD YOU TO FIND ME

ECHOES OF SILENCE - THE WEEKND

"Would you end your night with me?
Don't you leave me all behind
Don't you leave my little life
Don't you leave my little life"

(Keeping most chapters a little shorter btw)

𓆩♱𓆪

𓆩♱𓆪

My eyes flicked down at the knife he wanted to hand to me, "What are you doing?" I ask, looking up at him and back down at the knife he had probably taken from someone's kitchen and been carrying around with him after killing the leader.

I know he did it but why?

He's putting everyone in danger.

"Harry," I call out his name to see if I can snap him out, "I swear to God if you're gonna-"

"Take it."

"No." My brows furrow. "Why the hell do you want me t-"

"Take. It." He repeats himself, gripping his hold over the silver blade tighter enough to make himself bleed if I don't hurry up and take it. I grabbed it anyway and when I did, he let go and I threw it across the alley hitting a dumpster in seconds. "No, I'm not doing this shit again. I'm done-"

"Done with the games?" He asks, guessing what I was gonna say as he tilts his head to the side and takes a quick look at his palm. "Always a quitter, Devlin Heart, still acting like a little child having such a hard time getting used to the world that we all live in now. You've been given an opportunity. I see that you're very ungrateful with what you got all from your fiancé since leaving that island."

"I'm not ungrateful-"

"But you are." He raised his brows, grabbing my draw knowing he could leave a red stain on me, "And you're scared... scared to be soon married to the guy who will continue to use you not as a human being for his experiment scared to be the father's daughter, scared to fall in the same old trap..." he whispers and he did make it sound like it's all true. It's gonna hurt pretty bad to know it is but I can't believe this side of him.