𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑬𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒔

"What? A Quirk assessment test?" A red haired boy behind me exclaims after Aizawa Sensei announces the activity.

"But-But Orientation! We're all going to miss it!" Another girl complains, joining in on the whine-fest. Geez was this class annoying or what?

"If you really wanna make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies. Here at UA, we're not tethered to traditions.That means that I get to run my class however I see fit."

He pauses, pulling out a small ball from his pocket. "You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives. But you never got to use your Quirks in physical exams before. The country's still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational. One day, the Ministry of Education will learn."

He turns to the loud blonde boy from earlier. "Bakugo, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam. What was your farthest distance thrown with a softball when you were in Junior High?"

I pause, recognizing the name. Bakugo... as in the stuck up blonde from middle school?

I turn to the boy, examining his features. It was him. I don't know how I hadn't noticed it before...

"Sixty‐seven meters, I think." He cockily responds, his eyes proud and sharp.

Aizawa sensei doesn't seem impressed "Right, Now Try doing it with your Quirk."

After Bakugo's done cracking his hands, Aizawa throws him the ball. "Anything goes, just stay in the circle."

Bakugo's face is a swirl of emotions, eventually landing on some egotistical smirk.

"Go on. You're wasting our time." Aizawa states. For real, he's taking forever, I could have beat my game by now.

All right, man, you asked for it."

With a swift lunge, he growls before throwing the ball. "DIE."

The ball shoots high, and all of the students gasp. "Oh, whoa."

Once the ball falls back down and Bakugo walks back into the line. Aizawa speaks up. "All of you need to know your maximum capabilities. It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero."

"I wanna go! That looks like fun!" A brown haired girl exclaimed

"This is what I'm talkin' about, usin' our Quirks as much as we want!"

"...So this looks fun, huh?" The death stare the teacher gives the two students makes their skeleton jump out of their skin.

"You have three years here to become a hero. You think it's all gonna be games and play time?"

"Idiots."

"Idiots." I mumble under my breath, just as the teacher says the same thing. Some of the students whip their heads around to shoot glances at me, but who cares about them? I listen to the instructions Mr. Aizawa begins to outline them.

"Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately."

Dang, way to kill the mood. For a supposedly high ranking school teacher, his method sure was interesting. All the more fun for me.

He pauses, letting his words sink in as the mood deflates like a ballon.

"Immediate expulsion?"

"It's only the first day!"

"Like I said, I get to decide how this class runs. Understand?If that's a problem, you can head home right now."

A boy with green hair steps in front of the rest. "You-You can't send one of us home!I mean, we just got here! Even if it wasn't thefirst day, that isn't fair!"