iv. aphrodite gives her kids free makeovers

iv. APHRODITE GIVES HER KIDS FREE MAKEOVERS
━━━━━━━━━━━━

Sitting through another two hours of Ancient Greek linguistics and mythology made Gwen antsy. She felt bad for the poor satyr who had to spend an hour teaching roughly twenty hyperactive kids with the attention span of a goldfish about Herakles and his twelve labors.

One of the Stoll brothers sat down next to her. "You're Gwen, right?"

"Yeah," Gwen whispered. "What do you want?"

"My name's Connor," he said. "I got this for you."

He handed something small and shiny to her. She thought it might have been a drachma, but it was a pin. Her pin.

She glared at him as she pocketed it. "How did you get this?"

"Travis stole it," Connor replied, grinning. "I stole it back from him. Didn't want to be too mean to the newbie."

"When we get out of here, remind me to punch him," she muttered.

He laughed. "Gladly."

The satyr called them out for talking during a lesson, so they both shut up, but Gwen managed a grin. She hadn't been too sure about the Stolls at first, but they seemed like fun, as long as they didn't try robbing her again.

Actually, it was a wonder Travis didn't mess around with her pin and end up turning it back into that ball-and-chain.

As they walked back to the mess hall for lunch, Gwen made sure to punch Travis in the arm. He must have put two and two together, because he grinned and went to harass his brother for snitching. She could hear them bickering even when she ran ahead to join Luke at their table.

He was talking to an unfamiliar boy with blond hair. Judging by his blue shirt, he had to be new. That, or he didn't get the memo about the camp's uniform.

"Hey, Gwen." Luke smiled. "This is Drew. He's new to camp."

"That makes two of us," Gwen said. "Hi."

Drew managed a tiny wave. He looked pretty shaken up. She understood that, since he'd probably just found out that Greek gods and myths were real.