Chapter 5

I woke up to the slippery feeling of a warm tongue lapping at my face, the sensation igniting both affection and annoyance in me

"Bonbon, get off me." I groaned, moving him gently with my hand. "Koffi, get your son."

"Oh, so when he's licking your face, he's my son?" Koffi laughed as he lifted Bonbon off the bed and put him down.

I sat up, my heavy, round stomach making my movements slow as I smirked at my husband, sitting half naked on the corner of the bed. "Exactly that. He's only my son when he's behaving himself."

"He was trying to wake you up." Koffi said. "If you slept any longer, we'd be late. My mom said she wouldn't feed me if we're late today."

"You and food." I laughed, my hands spreading open for him to give me my morning hug and kisses.

Koffi scooted closer to me, his body covering me in warmth as he ran his arms up and down my back. "How are you feeling, K? Any aches? Any concerns?"

"I'm good." I smiled. "No shaking or dizziness, so my insulin levels are fine. No nausea, so your daughter is treating me right. But I am hungry, and my bladder is full, so you can let go any day now."

"But I don't want to." he whined, his voice ridiculously high-pitched.

"Oh, gosh." I said with an eye-roll and a chuckle. "It's official. You're a baby. I'm actually pregnant with your sibling."

"That's disgusting to think about." Koffi laughed and finally let me go, his hand spanking my ass as I walked from the bed towards the bathroom.

We'd been married for two years, our love growing more and more each new day we spent together, and now I was pregnant, expecting a baby girl in about three months. I was scared, but three of the most important women in my life were baby-making machines and between the eight babies I was already surrounded by, I knew my baby girl and I would be okay.

After taking a relaxing bath and going through my morning routine, I put on a flowy dress and some jewelry, finally heading downstairs, where I found Koffi fully dressed and waiting for me with a bag of Soil Fresh.

"You look gorgeous, chérie." he mumbled, his hand rubbing my stomach as he dipped his face closer to mine for a kiss, a hand in my fulani braids, his mouth hot and eager against mine.

"I thought you said we'd be late." I grinned when I had to take a step back for him to calm himself down, the stretch in the front of his jeans a clear indication that he was already getting ahead of himself.

"Dammit, K," he grumbled, "I hate when you use my words against me."

"You need to relax." I laughed, my bouncing stomach causing the baby to stir in my womb. "We'll be back in a few hours. You can do whatever you want to me then."

"Don't forget your words, 'cause I'm taking them seriously."

"Of course you are." I laughed some more as Koffi grabbed my hand and pulled me along. We greeted the security team and got strapped up in the front seat of his baby blue BMW X7, the two of us holding hands as soon as we got settled.