four (edited)

Aylin
......

"Girls! Get up!" Dad yells, opening the door and stepping into the room.

He glances at the TV with the hunger games ending scene on the screen, shaking his head, a smile on his face.

"Why?" Kirsten grumbles, still half asleep

"Because, we're going bowling today." He says, flipping the lights on, blinding us.

We both groan, rolling over and thumping onto the floor at the same time.

Dad shakes his head, laughing at us before leaving the room.

"What do we wear today?" Kirsten asks

"I'll figure something out." I mumble, getting up and rummaging around in her closet.

Whenever we go shopping, we make sure we both get the same things, because we are obsessed with matching.

What can I say? Its so cute.

I grab a pair of distressed fitted blue jeans, and a long sleeved white top with a plunging neckline.

I place a pair of sage green and white high tops next to the outfit, and some gold jewelry.

As I leave the room, I see Kirsten dragging herself into the shower.

She is so not a morning person.

I decide to annoy dad and Kirsten by singing my heart out in the shower.

Sure enough, a few minutes into the song I have someone pounding on my door.

"Aylin! Shut the hell up!" Kirsten yells

I can hear dad laughing like a hyena at Kirsten's dislike for my morning voice.

I decide to hurry the rest of my shower, quickly drying off before struggling into the clothes.

"Kirsten! How are we doing our hair?" I ask

She probably already has her hair done, so I just asked her.

We don't always match hair, or even outfits, but for special occasions we normally do.

And a day out with dad is special enough to match.

"Half-up messy bun!" She yells back.

I quickly whip my hair up, grabbing my phone, lipgloss, and keys, stuffing them into my cross body bag before walking downstairs to meet Kirsten and dad.

"Still matching it up I see." Dad smiles

He's always thought it was cute that we carried on matching with each other.

It was something he started when we were toddlers, so it makes him happy to see us still doing it.

It also doesn't hurt that we're matching when we wanna convince someone that we're the other twin.

Dad will always be able to tell us apart though.

I don't know how he does it, he just knows.

"Which car are we taking?" I ask

"Mine." Dad says, walking towards the garage.

"Still doesn't tell me which one!" I yell after him as I grab Kirsten's hand and drag her after him.

I see dad getting into his Mercedes.

Ok, so we're rolling casual today.

Kirsten and I both hop in the back.

We've never really argued about shotgun, since we enjoy sitting together in the back like we did when we were kids.

What? So we cling to our childhood a bit, but doesn't everyone?

"Which bowling alley are we going to?" Kirsten asks

"You'll see." Dad says, smirking at us.

"Dad!" We both whine

He laughs, but doesn't say anything.

We end up searching online for bowling alleys near us and try guessing which one, but dad doesn't give away which one it is.

He is smiling though, which means he's enjoying the game.

"This is stupid!" I yell out suddenly, making dad and Kirsten jump.

Kirsten laughs, but dad is confused.

"Her phone won't load the page." Kirsten explains to dad.

He chuckles, relieved.

"Here we are." Dad says, parking in the lot to the new bowling alley in town.

"Wowza! Let's go!" Kirsten exclaims, running into the building, dragging dad and I after her.

We pay for our rounds before walking up to the lane with our fancy shoes in hand.

"I'm just saying, these are the ugliest shoes that people still wear in this century." Kirsten groans

"They are pretty bad aren't they?" Dad says, looking down at them curiously.

"Yes, they are." Kirsten and I say in unison.

"Like seriously, why did they have to look like that?" Kirsten asks

"Maybe so no one would try to steal them?" I suggest

"Anyone who would steal these ugly little shits has to belong in a mental hospital." Kirsten grumbles, making dad and I laugh as we lace up our shoes.

"They aren't comfortable either." I say

Dad picks up his bowling ball, rolling it down the little path and guttering it.

Kirsten and I both snort.

"Hey, that was a practice round." He tries defending himself.

We look at each other disbelievingly.

He picks up the next one and rolls it, hitting only one pin.

"Was that a practice round too?" I ask

He fake glares at me, but he's fighting a smile, so I give him a sickly sweet smile.

He laughs, and Kirsten takes her turn.

She swings and knocks down most of the pins, having only one left.

"See? Thats what a practice round should look like." I tease dad.

Kirsten hears me and tries to hide her laugh.

She swings the second one and hits the last pin down.

"There you go Aylin, I set the bar a bit higher than dad did." She teases as I get ready to take my turn.

I swing the ball, letting go and watching it roll.

It hits perfectly, knocking down every single pin.

"Strike!" Kirsten yells

We laugh as dad sulks.

"Awwwweee, I'm sorry dad, we didn't mean to toast you like that." I tease

Dad goes again, and this time he gets almost all of them, but on his second turn he gutters it again.

Kirsten and I laugh, watching as she gets a strike.

"Strike!" I yell, standing up.

"I'm next in line for a strike!" Dad exclaims

Kirsten and I look at each other and giggle.

"Sure dad, whatever helps you sleep at night." We say in unison.

He feigns hurt, placing his hand on his heart dramatically.

"How dare you say such a thing to me?" He wipes away a fake tear before picking up a bowling ball and hitting a perfect strike.

Kirsten and I gape.

Dad has never been as good at bowling as Kirsten and I, since we often went with our friends on Saturdays while he slept.

"See? Who's doubting me now?" He asks, grinning.

"Still us." I say bluntly, making Kirsten laugh.