chapter 3

After lunch, I was sat in class. I heard Mahiru talking to Hiyoko, and from the corner of my eye, I could see Akane and Nekomaru arm wrestling. Ahh... these ultimates, I'm blessed to be in the same class as them.

"Hey, freak!" Hiyoko called out, throwing a pencil at me. It hit me in the back of the head. I didn't say anything. "Are you gonna say anything, or are you crying. I bet you are crying, aren't you? Freak!" Hiyoko continued to shout abuse at me, until from the back of the classroom, someone shouted "Just shut the fuck up, Hiyoko! Its not even funny anymore, this is why Mahiru is your only friend!" It was Fuyuhiko. "This is why your sister died!" Hiyoko shouted back. Fuyuhiko's eyes widened, and he looked away. Peko picked up her sword, but then the teacher walked in, and everyone went silent.

After class, I went to go find Hajime, I found him sat in his usual spot he waved at me, and i walked over to him. "Hi!" I said, "Hi." He replied, he smiled. Suddenly a thought came to my mind. His smile... he's so.. beautiful. We spoke for a while, then Hiyoko came over to us. "Ew, its the freak and his reserve course boyfriend!" She said. "Actually, I'm not g-" Hajime said, cut off by Hiyoko "aww, don't cry, freak!" She said to me. "I know, I'm a freak... sorry... I feel blessed to be in the presence of a talented being.  Your dancing is amazing, you'd fit in with the preschool dancers so well!" I said. "What!? Are you calling me short!?" She shouted.

Hajime watches this, he seemed a bit startled. Hiyoko carried on shouting "Nagito, you ugly pig! Don't call me short, if you ever call me-" "I didn't mean that! I was saying you'd be able to teach them!" I replied. "Yeah, sure. Freak." She stamped on my foot and walked away.

"Ah... are you OK, Nagito? What was that about?" Hajime asked. "Oh... Nothing." I lied. "Are you sure? You look quite upset..." ... do I? I sighed. "I'm fine..." I lied again. I was anything but fine. But that's not important, not for him. I stood up, and walked away.