two : ̗̀➛

₊˚ପ⊹ 

AMANI OSMAN

FRIDAY, AUGUST 10

10:15 AM

FATIMA'S APT

"Home sweet home!!" Fatima sings arms sprawled and face first on top of her counter. "This baby is all mine." 

Amani laughs. "And your baby needs a deep cleaning honestly.."

"This is where my most helpful baby sis comes in handy." Fatima reaches for the box labeled "cleaning supplies,"

With a dramatic eye roll, Amani reached for the disinfectant wipes and started wiping the surfaces of the quaint apartment.

3 hours later...

"Wow that was a process," Fatima sighs, laying on the familiar pink and blue rug that has been a staple since Amani's earliest memories.

Amani hums softly in agreement, too drained to muster words, as she lies beside her sister, gazing up at the ceiling.

"I still can't wrap my head around you moving 'ma... But I'm really proud of you," she murmurs.

Fatima chuckles, "Aww Amani, don't start getting all sentimental on me now. You know you're always welcome here. It'll be like I never left, you know that right?"

"Of course, because I'll be right here with you. That guest room? Mine!"

Fatima rolls her eyes, fully aware that her sister is definitely not joking.

Amani continues, her tone shifting to a more serious note, "but seriously, this is a huge step."

"I don't want to  scare you but you're like an adult now. A full grown adult with an adult job, and an adult house, and an adult salary, and adult responsibilities, and adult..."

"Okay, Amani, I got it," Fatima interrupts with a laugh.

Amani smiles sheepishly. 

There's a brief pause before Amani's realization hits her.

"DAMN YOU OLD. It just hit me, that's crazyyy!" she exclaims.

Fatima shoots her a mock glare before grabbing a stray throw pillow from the floor and playfully smacking her sister with it multiple times.

"I may be old, but I can still do this!" Fatima shouts, laughing, as Amani cowers on the floor, dodging the pillow blows.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry, oh my gosh!" Amani squeals, trying to shield herself from the pillow attacks.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Now go to my purse and get 20 bucks so you can go get some food for us."

"20 dollars aint getting us shit bruh.."

"Girl I'm broke, make do with it, please and thank you."

Amani rolled her eyes at her stingy sister. She knew she wasn't broke. She was just a money hoarder. Nevertheless, she rises from the rug and stretches before heading to the bathroom to freshen up.

"Damn I look rough." Amani mutters as she analyzes herself in the mirror. Her hair, no longer a silk press thanks to Fatima's playful attack, is a tousled mess, her makeup is smudged, and she feels grimy from all the cleaning.

She sniffs at her underarms. "Well at least I don't smell bad."

Pulling her hair into a quick bun, she goes to grab her glasses to mask any imperfections on her face, and sprays some perfume.