Where have My children gone

Harry Pov

After rushing around gathering stuff for Lilly's party, I finally made it home, only to be greeted by an empty house. I place the stuff in the kitchen and race upstairs, looking around, only to find neatly placed beds.
I call Hermione and start pacing the floor

" Hey Harry, don't worry, we will be on time as long as Ron can stop eating........... Is everything okay, Harry?"

"They're missing," Harry states

"Who? The kids? What do you mean they're missing?" Hermione questions

" They're missing. I came home and the house was empty. And I don't know where they went." I sigh while pulling his hair.

"Wait, Harry, think, these are your kids."

"Yeah, I know they are my kids. Thank you for that brand new information," I snap at her

" I'm going to let that slide since you are stressing. However, you're missing my point. These are your kids. They wouldn't have just left without letting you know. "
Hermione states

I stopped pacing and thought about what Hermione said. Then it clicks, I then run to the kitchen, and there I see it  under all my bags. A paper is neatly folded with "Dad" written in James' messy handwriting. I open the note, and it states:

Hi dad,

Lilly wanted to see mom, so we're taking her to Mom. Don't worry about us, we will be home for the party, so just relax and get the party ready for Lilly. Please don't be mad!

Love you, James

I relax a little and walk back to the fireplace.

"They're okay, so I guess I'll get the place ready for the party. Thanks, Hermione. "

"No problem, I'll see you soon," she smiles

I sigh and start setting the living room up for the party.

"Dray, I wish you were here too." I all but whisper.