Chapter 2: The Strongest

In the morning, at 5:21 on May 18, 2411, Zero received a call from Kenzo and Zero answered it.

Zero: What?!

Kenzo: I have a mission for your team.

Zero: Huh?! We just met yesterday. It's too early for them, you stupid man!

Kenzo: Zero, this is an important matter!

Zero: Why not give it to the second year or third year?

Kenzo: You are the only one suited for this mission.

Zero: Is my team coming?

Kenzo: Yes.

Zero: Can't I just do it on my own? I'm truly strong but I'm not good at protecting my comrades.

Kenzo: This is an order from the higher-ups.

Zero: Damn this! What is it then?!

Kenzo: There are Dimrex soldiers in Roca. They might be enhanced ones.

Zero: What do you think is their objective?

Kenzo: Maybe steal the Power Amplifier Artifact?

Zero: How many are they?

Kenzo: About 20 or more.

Zero: Bye then. I'm on my way to the teleportation area.

Zero arrives in the Beam University Teleportation Area, at 5:25. Zero then messages the unprepared Team B.

Zero: We have a mission. Come here in the Teleportation Area of Beam University, at 5:35 sharp!

Kenny arrived in the Beam University Teleportation Area, at 5:27.

Zero: Let's wait for the others.

Zero: Kenny, can you protect yourself?

Kenny: Yes, I can handle myself, Zero-taichou.

Zero: Good. We can't afford any mistakes on this mission.

The clock ticks, and at 5:35, Friedrich and Victoria are still nowhere to be seen.

Zero: Where are those two? We can't wait any longer.

Kenny: Should we proceed without them?

Zero: We don't have a choice. They'll catch up.

The two of them step into the teleportation array, and in an instant, they find themselves in the city of Roca. The air is tense, and the early morning sun casts long shadows over the cobblestone streets.

Zero: Our objective is to locate and eliminate the Dimrex soldiers. Stay alert, Kenny.

Kenny: Understood.

As they move through the city, the signs of Dimrex presence become evident. Broken storefronts, frightened civilians, and whispers of an impending conflict fill the air.

Zero: We need to find their captain. That's likely where the artifact is.

Kenny: Right. Let's take them out quickly.

They approach an alley where Dimrex soldiers are patrolling. Zero signals Kenny to wait, and with a swift and silent motion, he takes out three soldiers using his Black Hole Manipulation.

Zero: Keep up, Kenny.

Kenny nods, activating his Spatial Manipulation. He teleports behind a group of Dimrex soldiers, taking them by surprise and swiftly incapacitating them.

Zero: Not bad, kid.

They continue their advance, moving through the city like shadows. As they reach the Dimrex Captain's location, they find him surrounded by his remaining soldiers.