Chapter 4~ The Chaos of Fairy Tail

If you think Rina makes strange/stupid decisions when she interacts with others, just remember that she grew up being picked on and hated by everyone. She has been independent and alone for over a year, and inbetween there was only one person she knew and trusted.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the next morning, Rina had realized that she would have to visit the Fairy Tail guild hall and see the interactions of the wizards there for herself. Of course, she then remembered she had no idea where the guild hall was. She could always ask for directions, but asking strangers for help wasn't very appealing to her.

So Rina decided to do the next-best thing; even if it was a little creepy. She casted a concealment spell over herself, then made her way through Magnolia back to Lucy's house. She could follow Lucy to the guild hall, then stay out of sight while she observed the personalities of the Fairy Tail wizards.

Mere moments after Rina stopped in front of Lucy's home, the door opened to allow the blond and her small companion to exit. Lucy's companion looked like a small, living snowman. They started jogging down the path, so Rina quickly followed.

Within a few minutes, Lucy and her companion had slowed to a walk, and the little snowman seemed to be incredibly tired. Rina could hear Lucy talking to it.

"I'm sorry, Plue. Don't worry, we're almost... there..." Lucy trailed off and slowly stopped walking, then suddenly turned around to look behind her. "Hey Plue, do you get that feeling we're being... watched?"

The small snowman nodded, making an adorable, if nervous, little warbling noise.

Lucy forced herself to stand up straight, looking all around the path in search of whoever might be following her. She shouted into the seemingly empty air, though her voice trembled a little in her nervousness. "Whoever you are, come out where I can see you!"

"It's just Rina. I'm sorry I frightened you, Lucy." Rina dissolved the concealment magic so that Lucy could see her.

Lucy relaxed a little."Rina! But why did you conceal yourself and follow me?"

"I wanted to see what Fairy Tail is like without anyone knowing I was there. Do you mind if I tag along?"

"You were tagging along anyways," Lucy grumbled before perking back up. "Sure, come on! I bet everyone would love to meet you!"

Rina stepped forward and fell in step beside the blond, speaking quieter now that they were closer. "Actually, I'm going to conceal myself again. You'll be the only one who knows I'm there, at least for a little while."

"Oh, okay." Lucy agreed quietly, a little surprised. "But why hide yourself?"

Rina hesitated. She didn't know how much of the truth she was willing to share. "Honestly, when I was young I was always picked on by other kids. I ran away when I was eight, and nearly died of starvation. Anike saved my life and offered to teach me what she knew. I've never trusted or befriended anyone else."

"Oh," Lucy whispered empathetically. "That's horrible. But you know, it doesn't have to stay that way."

"I haven't yet found a place where any of that will change. That's why I've been trialing at different guilds. To find the place Anike would have wanted me to be." Rina told her, activating the visual part of her concealment spell.

Lucy stared at where Rina would be, before sighing and dropping the subject. "What if you have questions about any of the others?"

"Questions can always wait. If there are some that can't, I'll just ask you mentally. I can do a little Telepathy magic."