1

(A/N: This chapter was posted as a teaser. Hope you enjoy.)

"Bleeding Past"

Some time ago...

Demons. Bloodsuckers. There was speculation for sometime that such creatures ever existed. Angels weren't the only guardians a human could have. This was the belief of many... The difference being that these "demons" co-existed with humans & simply had more contact with humanity.

Humanity. A simple concept for those far removed from it as a whole. Those such who believed in the Angels of Heaven... Hell was the domain of all things deemed tempting, wicked, cruel, & unnatural. The order of things were completely black & white. Heaven was one way & Hell was another.

However, boundaries & morals were always fated to be crossed...

Afterlife worked different. You could end up in Heaven or Hell, but there was a supernatural third option none knew of officially. In the Void, one who died can choose to remain in their death or possible become supernatural.

---

"Ni-Ki !", a girl yelled as she ran through the woods looking for her friend. For all of her friends... Her mind was racing almost as fast as her heart was. Probably no older than 16 at this time. Soon enough she reached her home as she collapsed on the cold floor of her foyer. Jungwon helped her up gently even though he clearly was weak. They all were.

That is when they heard the dark yell that wasn't as close as they thought, but seemed to loom over the house with a demanding tone. A thing she never thought he'd be experiencing in her life... "악마들을 내놔, 꼬마야! 네가 이렇게 집착하는 건 정말 부자연스러워! 네 영혼을 깨끗하게 해줄게!" (GIVE ME THE DEMONS, CHILD ! IT IS UNNATURAL HOW ATTATCHED YOU'VE BECOME ! LET ME CLEANSE YOUR SOUL !) The girl in question winced as she looked at the seven in her house. The very seven who've done nothing wrong in her eyes.

She whispered as she pulled away from them, "I am going out there... He won't stop otherwise..." Jay instantly through his pain grabbed her wrists. "Think this through though. Surrendering yourself will not solve anything for any of us..."

"But all of us dying is a worthy solution !?", she yelled this as she forcefully got out of Jay' grip & made her way out to her front lawn slowly. The demanding man in question seemed pleased as he snapped his fingers. Instantly the girl was held down by chains made of pure light that slightly burned her skin.

The seven rushed out only to look on in horror as the man smirked down from where he floated in the sky. His words ringing out a threatening promise to the demons who would be returning to Hell very soon... "Get your last looks of her, demons. Her soul will be cleansed of you & she'll live as if she's never known you... She'll be free of you & your temptations for good..."

"왜요? 왜 그러셨어요?" (Why ? Why did you do this ?), Heeseung asked as he dropped to his knees. The seven were powerful, but they were no match for the angel before them. They needed to be cautious as to not hurt their friend any more than she is now. The man chuckled as he showed off his massive white wings. "You mean why cleanse her soul of you wretches ? It's simple, really. Humanity may have its mistakes, but humanity should be good. Their souls shouldn't be tainted by the darkness that looms around them."

Three snaps later the angel was back in Heaven, the girl in question was sound asleep in bed, & the seven "demons" were back in Hell. Little did that angel know that fate itself had other plans...

The seven were made to suffer the fiercest flames of Hellfire & repent. They lost to an angel no less & lost their human to Heavenly power. This incident was one of shocking surprise as angels generally never got involved unless it was imperative they step in...

Sunghoon spoke her name as each of their eyes were teary, but all that fell from their eyes were drops of blood. "Soojin..."

---

82 years later...

Ni-Ki was the first to notice it. Notice something that he thought he'd never get to see again. That they all thought was well out of reach. Leaving Hell was no easy feat. Only the strongest could withstand those flames... "Is that Soojin ?", he asked getting the attention of the others. Sunoo' eyes filled with tears as he saw her. "She still looks young... How is that possible ?"

It donned on them this wasn't who they thought when they heard the girl' name & her voice as they passed by her. The girl' grandmother greeted her happily, "Sunny, how was your day ?" The girl looked ecstatic to be with her grandmother as she responded enthusiastically. "수진 할머니 보고 싶었어요?" (Did you miss me, Grandmother Soojin ?)

The girl called Sunny smiled brightly as her grandmother hugged her. Luckily, Sunny would be living with her grandmother now. Not that Soojin had any real idea of why her granddaughter insisted to live with her... The seven kept close as they spied on the new girl & what they believed to be their old friend Soojin.

"So why did you insist on moving in with me, Sunny ? Were things going bad with your mom ?", Soojin asked as she handed her granddaughter glass of water. "Things were well. I figured you'd appreciate some help around here, grandma." Soojin was skeptical of this, but trusted her granddaughter.

"네 방은 네가 놔둔 그대로였어, 써니 아. 내가 점심을 만들 동안 자리를 잡고 짐을 푸렴. 알았지?" (Your room was as you left it, Sunny ah. You should go settle in and unpack while I make some lunch. Okay ?)

Sunny just nodded before walking up to her room. Soojin watched hoping her granddaughter heeded her warnings.

Sunny sat in her room when she heard a gentle tapping on her window. A group of bats seemed really eager to get her attention. Odd. Bats out during the day...