4

"For The Sake Of Progress"

2 Weeks Later...

Sunny had been seeing the boys in secret. Her grandmother had gotten extremely protective. Says that the seven demons were a sign that Sunny had a horrible fate ahead if she didn't interfere.

Sunghoon greeted Sunny upon seeing her. They fortunately were able to find a place for them to be in the meantime. The boys had been testing the extent of her ability. Outside of a 6ft radius the vampires felt as weak as they have since the angel sent them to Hell. The closer to her, the stronger they begin to feel. But even then that didn't last.

"Has Soojin relaxed some ? We didn't want to freak her out", Jay asked as the boys felt a bit guilty that Sunny essentially was being punished because of them. "아니요. 수진 할머니가 더 보호적이에요. 그녀는 왜 당신의 모습을 그렇게 강하게 느끼나요?" (No. Grandmother Soojin is even more protective. Why does she feel so strongly on what you are ?)

Jake made a pained expression before answering her. "We were really close with Soojin when she was younger. She didn't judge us for being vampires..." Silence overcame them for a bit before Sunoo continued. Each of the boys touched where their burns would've been if they didn't supernaturally heal.

"An angel made her forget us. Said we were demons & that her friendship with us was fated to be detrimental to her..."

Jungwon got serious. "It's been over eighty two years & we've only distinguished that our strength increases the closer we are to you. We haven't made much progress."

This was very much true. They haven't made much progress. Was this somehow because of what the angel had done to punish them all those years ago ? Was this an unavoidable fate of events ?

Sunny was silent a few moments as she collected her thoughts. What she said next truly was a shocker. Never in her life would she have thought she would say such things.

"그럼 내 피를 마시는 게 어때? 그게 네가 찾고 있는 진전일까?" (Why don't you drink my blood then ? Would that be the progress you're looking for ?)