Chapter 2 - Home sweet home?

i apologise in advance for the short chapter but the next one will be alot longer ♡♡

~ vera ~

This whole day has been filled with sniffles , cries , squeals and joy . Maeve was dispatched from the hospital after the doctors cleared her and informed us about the medication she needed to take as she still felt lightheaded .

I held Maeve's hand all the way down to the car catching her up on everything that's happened . I didn't want to rant to much as she was still weary , weak and tired and i didn't want to exhaust her more or add to her stresses .
Before we entered the house mum gave me that tight smile and I knew what it meant . I was chatting my life away with Maeve and I would probably exhaust her any second now .

So I slowed down a bit and let her process what was going on . Our house now had long grand halls , tall ceilings and marble that covered the floors. Our old house wasn't to different from this but this new house was definitely an upgrade due to the promotion in both my parents job .
But it wasn't also because of the promotion . That old house brought a lot of bad memories for me , I had intense trauma where I could not enter that house so we eventually had to move . And not because I wanted to forget what happened but it made me feel guilty that time thinking what could I have done more to prevent Maeve from falling?

Maeve stared gaped at the doorways that towered over her and the modern and simplistic theme running through out the house . She seemed hesitant to walk around but I made her feel more comfortable by being right by her side .

"Maeve sweetie we haven't finished your room yet so for now you'll be sleeping with Vera if that's alright with you" Mum beamed at Maeve unpacking the new supplies she had brought her .

Maeve simply smiled and nodded . She hadn't spoken much since we exited the hospital but I can tell this could be really overbearing for her being in a new environment after missing 6 years of your life .
I led her upstairs to my room and let her look around a little bit .

My room had significantly changed to what it was when she last saw it . It wasn't the bright vibrant pink that splashed across the walls and there was no glitter and gems lying around . Now my style was a simple baby pink paired with white .
I still kept some childhood plushie's to make my room feel more homey .

Maeve walked around my room looking at every single aspect of it . She went to the wall where I had many Polaroids and pictures I had taken over the years .
"That's my memory wall" I said
"It makes me remember the good times"

She slowly traced over them , inspecting every single picture hung up . There were pictures from our very first birthdays , our first day of school , and funny childhood memories when our parents had actually been active in our lives . But these photos slowly progressed and Maeve was seen less and less . They changed to my high school pictures, my friends , parties , birthdays and my relationships .

I spotted the picture of me and Brad when we first met and I quickly ripped of the picture knowing what he did to me . Maeve looked at me baffled but I just shook my head mumbling ' a story for another time' .

Maeve continued looking at the pictures until she nodded and silently walked off and sat crossed on my bed .
It was an awkward silence for a few minutes .
"So how's everything been" Maeve muttered in a weak voice
"I've seen you've moved on" giving a frail smile .

I happily sighed and plopped down next to her on the bed smiling at the thought of past memories . The first two years without maeve was really difficult , the house was more quiet , school was more boring and I was sluggish majority of the time . I felt like a piece of me had left when Maeve was gone , she was apart of me .