Chapter 5

I loved Maeve's new style , it matched her perfectly . When her new clothes came in , the box was filled with black's , red's , deep blues and green and some random pop's of colours . 

We were both getting ready for school , i sat on the vanity and she sat on the floor in front of the mirror . Recently , we had been talking so much , our bond was now becoming more stronger day by day . There wasn't a thing we hadn't talked about and mum is shocked we haven't lost our voices yet . 

When we reached school , Maeve told me she had to go toilet and told me i should go on without her . I nodded my head and continued walking down the hallway . I turned left and right , attempting to find Nylah or lei . I saw a group of girls , standing in the corner , glaring at me and were exchanging whispers . I frowned , i didn't even know who they were . I tugged at the strap of my bag , uncomfortable , i kept on walking . I eventually found Nylah and Lei outside , but the rest of the day i couldn't find Maeve . In class i turned to spot her empty seat . It's only been 3 weeks and she's already skipping class ? 

After the bell rang , i made my way over to cheer practice . This was our final rehearsal until the big day tomorrow , where we were performing for not only our school but others . And rumours were going round that some university ambassador would be there looking for clear potential talent and i knew this was my chance to shine and stand out . Practice went great . Me and the girl's had a wonderful time , goofing around but also perfecting our performance . Since Nylah was the head of the cheer , she was a lot more lenient and made the whole thing a lot more live and fun . We ended up finishing later than usual and i took an uber home . Greeting mum and dad as i entered , i ran upstairs to my room , dropping both my duffle and school bag beside my bed . 

"Where were you today?"I asked maeve , untying my hair from the ponytail . 

"Felt sick ,  so i left early " She said her eyes glued to her phone . 

I nodded even though she wasn't even looking at me . I just thought of it that she was tired so i went to go shower . We had dinner together and Dad was wishing me luck for tomorrow and i pleaded for them to accompany me tomorrow to calm my nerves . 

"You have nothing to worry about"Dad smiled reassuringly , ruffling my hair and taking the dishes off the table . 

I noticed the stiffed expression on Maeve's face , from the corner of my eye but i never said anything about it . She was sick after all and i didn't want to annoy her further . 

Then the big day came . I sat on my vanity for hours and hours , perfecting my skincare and making sure my makeup matched the outfit i was wearing . I tied my hair in a sleek , slightly high ponytail , so it wouldn't give me migranes . I did a simple winged eyeliner and went for a blue eyeshadow look to match my outfit . I packed my little bag with gum , some makeup products for touch-ups and some water . I looked in my mirror telling myself positive affirmations as an attempt to calm my nerves , which Maeve laughed at . 

Her laughing and mocking my affirmations actually made me feel better and laughing at the situation . We spent a good thirty minutes playing around and joking which made me distracted from the nerves i was feeling before . 

The performance went great . I shone my brightest smile , being on top of the pyramid , watching my dad's big thumbs up . We celebrated after the game and Nylah called for an after party , later at her house which i immedietely agreed to . 

Back at home , we had a quick celabratory dinner and then i rushed upstairs to get ready for the party . I just wore simple black top which was attached to a ruffled skirt and i paired it with my favourite black sneakers . I also simply left my hair out and threw on my shoulder bag .