6|Partners

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Kaida 'Indigo' Aoki| 18

📍Mirae Corp

"The meeting is just about to start and your mother is also here" Melanie says greeting me as I get off the elevator, taking my bag and coat while handing me the documents I'll need.

"Thanks Mel, after this meeting you can take the rest of the day off" I tell her making my way to the conference room.

Pushing the door open, I greeted everyone with a smile as I went to take my seat.

"Now that everyone's here, lets get started" my father says quieting down the room before turning to me.

Clearing my throat, I gathered myself before making my way to the front of the room. It was my turn to make my presentation at this meeting about our upcoming new product launch and I was nervous.

The meeting wasn't even supposed to be until the last week of April but here we are.

"Starting next month, we will officially be introducing phase 2 of our beta testing for AI Mirae, which will focus on advancing the artificial intelligence we're currently using to launch our products into revolutionary status..." I start pulling up my slideshow to visualize how much growth we should expect by the end of the year.

"The projected demand and supply is already through the roof at only its beta phase because of how new and exciting it is. It's the talk amongst tech lovers right now who are hungry to get their hands on something this bold and innovative..." I brag about our media feedback as I near the end of my presentation.

"We've also seen a spike in sales of our other products as consumers anxiously await the drop of AI Mirae, this will be the one to give us a footing in markets we haven't even tapped into...However, we're still making our adjustments but I can promise you that you'll all be smiling when you see how much of an impact this will make" I conclude and they clap as I walk back to my seat feeling proud of myself.

"This all looks great and we can trust that you'll be the head of operations going forward?" Derek, our American investor, questions and I look over to my father, "She will be" he says with a smile I've never seen before, almost as if he's proud of me.

"That's great, we'll definitely be looking forward to that smile you promised Kaida" Isam jokes and the table erupts into laughter.

"Any further questions before we adjourn?" my father asks when they quieted down and was met with silence, "Okay, you should all be expecting an email with the minutes from today's meeting, thank you and have a good one" he dismisses.

"All you had to do was apply yourself, see you're a natural" my father says cheerfully once the room only housed him, my mother and my sibling.

"This still isn't what I want to do" I spoke softly and his smile disappears, "This is the field you belong Kaida, not being some fucking doctor. We don't need a doctor in the family, we need a CEO"