why do we dream?

word of the chapter: nostalgia

a gentle breeze that whispers through our soul, effortlessly transporting us back to out cherished memories.

𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴:

"butterfly (prologue mix) - BTS"

0:31 ━●────────── 4:55 ㅤ ㅤ 

◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ

-------˖⁺. ༶ ❤︎ ⋆˙⊹ 𐦍 ˖⁺. ༶ ❤︎ ⋆˙⊹-------

he looked around him. as he was about to start speaking, the sound of audible gasps filled the room around him. he turned and stared backstage, where he saw his manager staring at his phone. he shook his head before glancing up at riki and running onstage. he shoved his phone in front of riki's face, and his eyes traced every inch of the screen.

once he finished reading, he looked up, searching for his girlfriend in the crowd. the room was silent. but riki could hear it. he could hear everyone thinking.

wow, i feel so bad for him.

on the day of his award ceremony too?

how could they do that to him?

riki locked eyes with his girlfriend. his eyes searched hers for any trace of guilt, any hint that may indicate that this was all a lie. but in her gaze all he found was embarrassment. 

riki fidgeted with his pant. now he was up here with everyone looking at him, and he had no idea what to do. people frowning sympathetically, holding an award with his name inscribed on it. an award that now felt like pity. an award that he felt he didn't deserve. if he wasn't even good enough for one person, how could he ever hope to be good enough for thousands?

but he couldn't let them see now.

he smiled, gracefully bowed, continued his acceptance speech, and slowly walked backstage. but once he was out of sight, he gripped his award tightly, and ran out into the cold oceanside air. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

backstage, riki's manager couldn't stop staring at the phone. he felt betrayed, and his heart ached for his young talent. 

HOT TOPIC! Nishimura Riki's girlfriend, Kang Jihye, caught cheating: here's the details.

riki's manager shuddered. he couldn't bear to read the rest. he stepped outside into the cold. he could only hope that even if riki was sad, he was safe.