Peculiarity

Past - setting the context of the story.

April, 8th 1926

Here I come. Hi, my name is Hazel Feyrer, and this is the day I was born. My birth was given during the night of a full moon at precisely 12am. I had no idea what that meant, but the future would give me any answer I was looking for...

***

They were about 12 people in the pregnancy room. The walls were white, the night was dark. My biological mother was in intense pain from giving me birth, the moment was taking a lot of time. My father was standing there, watching and supporting my mother desperately. The people were worried. My mother was losing a lot of blood, and I wasn't getting out. It was around 11:59 am. The doctors were walking through the room, waiting endlessly for my arrival, worried about the fact that it was taking so much time.
12 am ringed on the clock. The moon light came through the window, reflecting on my mother's body. In an instant, I was already out. 12am precisely. Everyone looked at my mother, it was like the time stopped.
Everybody was literally shocked when they first looked at me. My clear blue eyes were glowing in the dark of the pregnancy room. My white hair and my pale skin were almost frightening. I was so pale like those little snowflakes you can see during the winter. Everybody was looking at me with stunned eyes, not understanding what was happening. My mother was in total confusion, but also very relieved that her prayers worked after all this time. For 13 long years she tried to have a baby, but couldn't. So, she was glad, but also scared. I wasn't looking like any of my parents, or any member of my family. They couldn't believe their eyes. My delicate skin and my sweet white hair were glowing with the reflection of the moon. I was the light in the darkest night. But not a warm light though. I was a cold light in the darkest nights during winter. My skin, was also very cold when you first touched it. Everyone was surprised, but still, life did go on.

1930

Days passed, months passed, even years. My white hair, my pale skin and my clear blue eyes stayed the way they were.
I was 4 by then, an innocent, kind and pure little girl who always had that angelic and adorable smile on her face. I was a beautiful little girl, with a vulnerable body. The sunlight was extremely dangerous to my skin. My parents forbidden me to go out during summer, my health was getting worse every time a ray of sun touched my skin.

That day, I was playing in my room. I was wearing those little white dresses of the 19s with a soft lace, and I was playing with wax dolls back in the time. Everything seemed perfect, I was laughing, and talking by myself with the dolls during a sunny day of July. I loved singing too. My naive soul kept singing those candid songs, talking about princesses or fairies. I was this cute little dreamer you find adorable on movies. I was wishing to fly, to have magic, to wear crowns. I was in my own world. Harmony vibrated in it.

But suddenly, things took a dark turn.
I was focused on brushing my doll's hair, and a bird suddenly crashed himself against the window of my room. This was so unexpected, and I just freaked out. Without even knowing it, a cold wind started blowing inside of my room. While I was trying to stand up, my feet hit the ground, and the floor started to freeze. I slipped on the ice and fell. I was screaming in fear and confusion, but this wasn't even the end. During the fall, my hands began feeling numb, my whole body felt a thrill running through my body, and a pale light flashed out of them. The walls, my bed, my toys, everything just froze. The air was colder every second, a human being couldn't survive with that temperature. My parents heard me screaming and ran to my bedroom in a hurry. But the deep cold was taking down the entire house. By the second they enter the room, their bodies froze in movement. Their blood pressure dropped and stopped flowing. Their hearts stopped beating, their brain stopped working. There were only ice statues left in this house, and a crying and hopeless little girl.