Nate. -B

"Hello, luv." Nate says, hugging me from behind and planting a kiss on my dishevelled hair.

"Nateee," I giggle "..you know I get self-conscious when you do that to me. Besides, I just finished practice. Can you not smell the chlorine?" I reply, continue walking.

Still hugging me, "Hmm. Nope. But I can still smell the strawberries." And I can feel him smile in my hair.

He always notices the most littlest things. And when he does, you never know what to say back. 

"Awww." I manage, turning around and putting my arms around his neck.

I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Aside from the girl who's dating Adam Levine.

He's handsome - Nathaniel. The kind of handsome you get from fairytales - Prince Charming. The clean cut, label clothed, spotless shoe type. His blonde hair, baby blue eyes, perfect nose, lushious  lips. Mmm. And to top it all off, his dimples? 

I mean, some people have this notion that dimples are facial defects and that they're gross or something. I dunno what's wrong with me, but I could literally tackle people with dimples if I could. They're just so cute - especially when they smile and eat. Teehee.

But somehow Nate's are different - they disarm me. Most especially when his Brit accent overpowers his American one and he says something lovey-dovey before flashing me those set of whites. He's been here for ten years already and he still has something British about him that no one could seem to figure out. And it probably suits him - as manifested by the swarm of girls that swoon over him wherever he goes. It suits him because he's cool, you know, with everything. He's into sports, poetry, adventure..  he even sings! And he's not just good, he's great at what he does.He's popular because he can always be seen around but it doesn't get to his head and I love this most about him - next to his sirenic voice. Now imagine him singing you to sleep every night through the phone.. because he does that for me.

Scratch that - I AM the luckiest girl in the world.

"You're beautiful." he says out of nowhere. Eyes sparkling beneath those full lashes, he smiles that breathtaking smile.

Dammit. For one second my knees gave in. How could he do this to me? Even after all these years, he still gets me. I feel like a drunk person willing myself to stand still.

You better, Gabriella. You're in the middle of the sidewalk and all eyes'd be on you if you crash and burn.

Leaning in, "Happy Anniversary." he whispers and leaves his lips lingering on my earlobes for a while.

He remembered.

"Happy Anniversary!" I whisper back hugging him then planting a peck on his neck. "I love you."

"I love you, too." he says with as much fervor you could put into words. But it didn't last.  "Now let's go to our favourite place and celebrate" he adds, winking.

My lips curve upward in a slow, sly smile.

He pulls me in a sprint towards his ride.

We hop in his Red Mercedes Benz SL and head to our destination.

The city's very first Ciao Bella store.

Ice cream. 

Best. Boyfriend. Ever.