Chapter 2 - A friendly face

The year is now 2034. Several years after Julius became a god. He's been wandering the Earth ever since, learning new things, meeting new people. Y'know, the works.

But he hasn't visited his home since that day. He wants to, but he's scared. What if things haven't changed? What if things got worse? What if people remember him, and how he rebelled against his people? Unlikely, but a fear he's held ever since.

Julius now lives in a small college town. He doesn't hold a job, but still has decent money to come by. Occasionally, he'll visit the college library to read up on his history. Don't let the college know he's reading about his own people, though. They'll find it weird.

He doesn't really have any friends, which some of the townsfolk find a bit odd, but it's fine. Things are fine.

Somebody he knows, a woman who he's been seeing, works at the college. She's a lovely woman. She teaches Greek history, mostly relating to Greece and its many many deities - Julius included.

But she doesn't know that Julius is the god mentioned in most of the books she has.

Or that Julius is crushing on her. Hard.

He leaves his little home, heading out towards the college, but not exactly to the college. He's going to her house for a visit.

He walks for about five minutes before getting to the building, going to the front steps and knocking on the door.

"Just a minute! I'm almost ready!" A voice calls out from behind the door.

"Take your time, I'm a bit early."

Moments later, the door opens.

"Hey! Come on in."

"Thank you, Sharon. You look lovely, as always."

Sharon, the woman who Julius has a crush on, is wearing a suit. Why would a woman wear a suit? Just let her do what she wants, she's beautiful. She smiles, stepping aside to let Julius walk in.

"Th-thank you, Saphrus."

Saphrus?