first year

Y/n pov*

I was so excited when I got my letter, squealing with joy and jumping with glee as I read the words on the tan piece of paper. -Y/n L/n, You've Been Accepted into Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,- "Mom! Look! I've got a letter!" I ran to my mother's bedroom and jumped on her bed.

"Mom! Look! I'm going to Hogwarts!" I jumped up and down, shaking her left and right, trying to wake her up then her eyes fluttered open to look at my smiling face as she spoke in a soft manner. "That's great baby.." She yawned and sat up to read the letter. "Oh, Hogwarts huh? That's wonderful news! You better go get your things ready. It says one of the staff will be here at midnight to retrieve you." She told me and my smile got wider as I leaped off the bed and ran up to my room to pack my bags. I grabbed the only things I thought would be necessary, my toothbrush, a hairbrush,  lots of clothing, and my notebooks so I could write about my experience.

Midnight couldn't have came fast enough, I watched the clock patiently and right when it went off at 12am the door to the house swung open. I looked out the door to see nobody there.

I sighed and thought I wasn't going to get to learn any type of magic any time soon.

Just as I took the first step to go back to my room a huge gust of wind swept me off my feet and I flew out of the house, my mom watched as I flew about 50 feet off the ground and a shadow figure riding a flying motorcycle hauled towards me at full speed. I was scared.

But as it almost hit me I began falling to the ground, my face just barely scraped the street as I stopped falling and floated mid-air.
I looked up and saw the shadow figure once more, this time he was on the ground. He took off his helmet and walked towards me, still levitated above the ground.

As he came into the light I began to make sense of his face, his long messy hair, long scratchy beard touched his chest as he spoke, his voice was gentle and deep. "Why, hello there!" He waved at me. I just looked up at him blinked, "Oh! Did I scare ya? I'm sorry miss L/n, I shouldn't have made that kind of introduction!" He lifted me from the ground and dusted me off.

He was a giant compared to my tiny fragile body, but he was gentle as he rubbed the dirt from my clothes.

"Well now, I'm rubeus! Rubeus Hagrid! But you can just calk me Hagrid." He introduced himself.

"I'm your chauffeur, as we head off to your new school." He grunted and gave me a helmet to wear as he put my luggage into the back of the motorcycle. "Shall we be off?" He spoke in a soft manner.

I nodded my head and stepped onto the back of the vehicle, my mother watched as we ascend into the night sky, waving at me as we took off. I waved back.

"So!" Hagrid spoke trying to lighten the mood. "Excited to learn some magic?" He said, keeping his eyes infront of him. My breath hitched as the cool air hit my face. "Y-Yes," I spoke. "Oh, don't be scared! Hogwarts is the safest and best school to learn magic!"

His words calmed my nerves and worrysome.

"I've never been up this high before..." I held onto his jacket. "Don't worry, your not gonna fall. I won't let ya!" He spoke to me in such a way that I felt safe with him.

We made our way to a small bar and went inside, Hagrid waved at some of the people sitting at the island, drinking big glasses of beer. Hagrid took me just outside in the back of the bar and took out and umbrella. "What's that for? There are no clouds in the sky." I looked up searching for a cloud.

"It's not for the rain miss L/n." She said at tapped on a few bricks around a whole and suddenly the bricks began sliding out of the way to reveal a place Hagrid called, Diagon Ally.