Chapter 4: Rebel

I sent Zade a message telling him to meet me at the sport's field. He sent me a reply saying I shouldn't skip class but I'm in the middle of my rebellion era so he'll have to deal with me.

I walked towards the field and saw him already sitting on one of the bleachers looking at his phone. He must be waiting for a reply. When he looked up at me I waved at him with a mischievous grin, while he narrowed his eyes at me.

"What?" I asked as I stopped in front of him.

"Seriously? Skipping and cutting classes?" He looked at me seriously.

I scoffed. "Like you haven't done that before."

"I guess you're just lazy." He sighed.

"Says the police officer who's slaking off again." I crossed my arms.

"I'm not-" He cut himself off and just sighed before speaking again. "Just sit down."

I did sat down next to him, with a little distance of course.

"So. Why did you asked me to come? That couldn't wait until tonight?" He asked me.

"Nope, and let me remind you that this university has strict curfew." I replied.

"Says the one who snuck out the night before." He says sarcastically.

"I had to, I put extra effort for my escape plan to work without your buddies interrupting."

"Fare point, but you could always contact me to come and pick you up."

"No thanks, I don't want your buddies to be suspicious of you."

"Why would you think that?"

"Because it isn't your job to walk around here at night."

"And how did you know that?"

"Just heard some girls talking about how unfortunate it is to just see you during the day and not in a platonic sit-"

"Okay, okay. I get the Idea." He cut me off and looked away. I'm guess from embarrassment, but he didn't look like it.

"Alright, so... about the files you sent..."

He looked at me when I paused. "What about them?"

"Well... Like you said, they all have missing body parts."

"And?" He looked at me waiting for me to just spill it out.

"I actually studied the cases last night, and I noticed something that is very confusing and I'm not sure about this theory of mine."

"Just tell me."

"Okay, okay. So, you remember Andrew, right?'

"Yeah, the first victim of the year, why?"

"Well, I talked to his friends yesterday and they told me a lot of good things about him like how he was so kind and so full of love."

"Your point is?"

"I think the murderer is taking out parts of the body that what is or was our victims are well-known for. Like that one victim from last year, uh... what was his name? Pablo, I think."

"Pablo Enrique."

"Yeah, Him. I heard he was the university's famous football team captain, and when he was murdered the killer took both of his legs."

"When did you think about these theories?"

"When I ate breakfast."

"You think of murderous, bloody theories over breakfast?"