part 1

v pov

I woke up to the persistent buzzing of my phone. Blinking away the sleep, I glanced at the screen to see a flood of messages from the other members of BTS. Confused, I opened the group chat and saw a barrage of tooth-related emojis and gifs. Jimin's message stood out among the chaos.

Jimin: 🦷😁 V, it's time for your dental checkup! We've booked appointments for all of us. Don't forget, buddy!

Dental checkup? I cringed at the thought. I've always been terrified of dentists – the sharp tools, the mysterious noises, and the judgmental eyes of dental hygienists. Not my idea of a good time.

Despite my reservations, the guys were relentless. Before I knew it, they were at my door, dressed in their most stylish dental-chic outfits. I rolled my eyes at their absurdity but couldn't help but smile at their enthusiasm. Namjoon, the fearless leader, took it upon himself to be the designated motivator.

Namjoon: V, buddy, you've got nothing to worry about. It's just a routine cleaning.

Routine, my foot. I shot him a skeptical look, and he winked in response. The rest of the guys gathered around, ready to escort me to my dental doom.

We arrived at the clinic, and the receptionist gave us a warm welcome. She recognized us immediately, and I wondered if she was a fan or just genuinely friendly. The waiting room was surprisingly calm, but the anticipation was building up inside me like a ticking time bomb.

Inside the treatment room, the boys surrounded me, each trying to ease my nerves in their own way. Jin, the self-proclaimed worldwide handsome, started detailing the process with an exaggerated excitement that only he could muster.

Jin: V, they'll just use this little mirror and a tiny hook to clean your teeth. Easy peasy!

Easy peasy, my foot. I eyed Jin suspiciously, not buying his overly confident act. Meanwhile, Jimin and Jungkook shared horror stories of their past dental experiences, hoping to make mine seem less terrifying. Suga sat in the corner, feigning indifference, but I caught a glimpse of worry in his eyes.

Then there was RM, the fearless leader who claimed to have no fear. I smirked at him, sensing a hidden anxiety beneath his composed exterior.

Namjoon: V, it's all about perspective. Watch and learn, my friend.

As the dentist approached, Namjoon's eyes widened, and he subtly edged away. I couldn't resist teasing him.

V: Oh, fearless leader, scared of a little dental chair?

Namjoon shot me an indignant look, but before he could retort, the dentist focused on me. The boys eagerly explained each step, emphasizing how painless and routine it all was. I tried my best to listen, but the sound of the tools drowned out their words.

Throughout the ordeal, I clung to the armrest, my knuckles turning white. The boys, bless their hearts, continued their efforts to distract me. Jimin even attempted a dental-themed dance, which earned a few chuckles from the dentist and the rest of the room.

In the end, the cleaning was over before I knew it. I survived, much to the relief of the boys. As we left the clinic, Namjoon couldn't resist a final jab.

Namjoon: See, V? Nothing to worry about.

V: Easy for you to say, fearless leader. You weren't the one in the hot seat.

We all burst into laughter, relieved that the dental adventure was behind us. Little did I know, the next challenge awaited – convincing Jin to let go of his dream of starting a dental fashion trend.