Chapter Three: A Space Pod

Countless stars sparkled in space like twinkling diamonds have been dropped on a dark velvet cloth. Earth could be seen as it rotated in deep space. A full moon orbiting around it and the sun shining brightly in the center. But a destroyed Cybertronian space pod zoomed through the space with a smoke trailing behind it and headed towards Earth.

Over the weekend, as well as the weeks that followed, the humans and the techno organic has suckered into going to the Autobot's base, where they did their best to learn all about them. They have formed tight ties with the Autobots as well as become good friends with the humans. But the children had a lot of misadventures (it's either Miko hitching a ride through the ground-bridge or a mission that had went wrong by accident). Raf soundly beat Erika in about every video game he had at the base, and who knew that Bumblebee could play too? Erika smiled as they remembered how Ratchet made a fuss over Erika when she accidentally scraped her knee and she saw him as an overprotective, grumpy uncle. Bulkhead was the older brother figure she always had a laugh with. Cliffjumper was the playful older brother figure she always explores with on recon missions. Bumblebee was like a younger brother to her. Arcee was the protective sister figure for her. Lastly, Optimus Prime is like the father of them all.
They have informed Agent Fowler about the new arrangement and reluctantly agreed to the kids having new Autobot guardians. But they were surprised to learn that Erika is a techno-organic. After she had informed her mother, she had told them that Erika had imprinted on her DNA that made her look like a human. They decided that she can go back and forth between the secret world and the human world.
"Optimus! I think you need to see this," Ratchet called out, startling them.
The Autobot leader complied and studied the computer screen. "A Cybertronian life signal."
"Question is, is it an Autobot or a Decepticon?" questioned Ratchet.
Optimus shook his helm. "There is no way of knowing for sure. Still, if there is a chance that it is a fellow Autobot, we must assist them before any Decepticon's detect their presence."
"I don't know, Optimus. It could be a trap," Arcee said suspiciously.
"You may be right, but we cannot risk staying here if there is a life in the balance." Optimus's battle-mask went over his mouth. "Ratchet, open the ground-bridge. Arcee, Bumblebee, you two are with me."
With the flip of a lever, a swirling portal consisting of green and blue opened up. All three Autobots stepped through the portal before activating their weapons and scanning the area for enemy activity. All they were met with was the wreckage of a ship, clearly of Cybertronian origin.
"It doesn't look like it would belong to a Decepticon," Bumblebee said, seeing that it was devoid of any signs of the faction.
"Still, we had best be on our guard," Arcee cautiously inched towards the wreckage. The ship was in total ruin. Shrapnel and giant pieces of metal littered the area and a small fire was starting where the engine presumably was.
Optimus scanned the wreckage with sadness in his optics before spotting a peculiar blue item glinting in the sun. The large mech took several steps forward and his optics widened as he realized that he was staring at another bot's optic. He threw away several large pieces of shrapnel to reveal a badly beaten femme, a Seeker to be exact. One of her wings was bent at an awkward angle and blue energon was dripping from several superficial wounds across her frame. Her blue optics were wide, from fear or pain Optimus did not know.
Her slim frame is golden with silver highlights on her shoulders, knees, and hands. She has a pair of Seeker wings on her back that's golden with streaks of silver and has crude Decepticon insignias on it. She seems to be wearing a metallic traditional silvery sheath with a sword in it. She's tall as Bumblebee, but only by a meter or so. She's wearing a simple copper chain necklace with a silvery engraved pendant around her neck.
Autobots, she thought as she surveyed them. Would they help her? Still, she knew it was no time to be picky, especially given her current state. And... anywhere away from Megatron was her preferred location. "H-help... me..." Her frame shook as she coughed up energon. She grimaced in pain. Why did she allow this to happen?
Optimus felt his spark clench and he immediately commed his medic. "Ratchet, I fear we may need assistance. Prepare sick bay immediately."
"Poor femme. Her ship must have gotten stuck in the planet's gravitational pull," Bumblebee stated while taking one of her arms and helping Optimus pull her out of the wreckage.
The femme stared at the two of them through blurry optics, she only being able to make out basic shapes. They didn't seem to be harming her, yet anyway. "T-thank yo-you."
Arcee's optics narrowed as she spied the Decepticon emblem on her wings and chassis. "Optimus, we can't bring her back to base. Who knows if she could—"
"Arcee," Optimus interrupted. "You know the Autobot Code. We cannot just leave her here."
Arcee sighed as she looked over at the injured femme Seeker. But she was horrified to see scorch marks and scars were on her back. Whoever this femme Seeker, she must of made the wrong 'Con mad.
Optimus commed Ratchet once more. "Ratchet, we require a groundbridge."
With the help of both mechs, the femme Seeker was carried back through the groundbridge. Ratchet shut down the device before turning to the returning search party. His optics widened as he beheld the battered femme. "By the AllSpark..."
The femme Seeker could vaguely feel servos placing her on a cold metal examination table but she wasn't even sure about that anymore. Her red optics gazed around the small missile silo but did not detect any traces of danger. Was this their base?
But, more importantly, the femme Seeker thought. What would they do to me? I've heard stories of the Autobots brutality from those who came into my medical bay. Would they torture me, as well?
"Ratchet, can she be helped?" Optimus asked.
"Perhaps... but it is going to take some time. It could take me stellar cycles to try to mend this damage, not to mention the possibility that she may lose her wings."
The femme Seeker bristled at this and tried to move away from the medic. All she had heard was "lose her wings." No. No! Did they not know that Seekers go insane without flight? What other tortures had they planned for her? Her spark rate began to increase as her optics widened with fear. "N-n-no! P-Pl—"
Optimus placed a hand on her shoulder and eased her back down on the examination table. The femme Seeker felt coolant well up in her optics as she gazed helplessly at the Prime. She paused and coughed more, energon sputtering onto her chassis as her vision began to blur. Oh, brother. I should have offlined by your side. "F-F-Fi-..."
Ratchet immediately went into action. "Arcee, go over there and get me some anesthetic to induce stasis. Optimus, Bumblebee, hold her down so she does not injure herself more."
The femme Seeker struggled under their grip, her fear increasing. "F-Fi-Fire-... Fi-Fire-Firestrike! Help me! Come back for me!" Her struggling only ceased when Ratchet expertly injected the anesthetic into her veins. Her blue optics slowly offlined and she slumped back onto the berth.
Ratchet vented and slowly began to weld her mesh wounds shut. The trauma was severe but he believed that she would recover, given time.
"Firestrike?" Bumblebee asked curiously.
"Primus knows what she meant... She is most likely half-crazed from energon loss," Ratchet grumbled as he continued to work.
Optimus vented once more before turning towards the injured femme. Her breathing was shaky at best, her faceplate furrowed, and her clawed servos scratched at the berth every so often as if she could still feel the pain. She was too young to be involved in this war.
"Is she going to be alright?" Bumblebee asked worriedly. He barely knew the femme, but he hated to see anyone in such a state, even a Decepticon. And especially one that was as young as she.
"I do not know. All we can do is hope and pray for the best..." Optimus replied grimly.