Chapter 1

A/N hey y'all it's been a hot minute. How are you?

"Do you want Jewel to be your wife?" Marvin said in his high pitched voice while we stood under a big tree near the park. Mara, my best friend, kept throwing leaves at us since she was the flower girl.

"I-I do." Said the little boy next to me, as he turned to me. "Do you want- what's your name?" Marvin whispered, as I gave him a look. "L-Lloyd." The kid whispered, as I pouted. "Marvin you're a bad official thingy. Your-your wuining my wedding." I frowned, the kid, Lloyd, gave me a smile. "Sorry, it's my first time playing this game." Marvin said, his eyes becoming a little watery. "It's okay, I fowgive you." I said as Mara clapped happily. "O-okay, do you want Lloyd to be your husband?" He asked me as I nodded.

"Okay, Jewel and Lloyd. You are now married. You can hug or something." Marvin ended and Lloyd gave me a hug.

"Jewel? Mara? Honey, it's time to go." My mom called as I waved to Marvin and Lloyd. "Awe, bye bye, it was weally fun playing with you." I exclaimed as I toddled towards my mom.

"Goodbye Jewel." Lloyd said with a smile waving back.

—————

That my friends was my wedding. Yup, done by my friend who was like six with some random kid I'd met that day and guess what I didn't even know that. Before you say 'oMg JeWeL yOu'Re sO fUnNy' you're right but this isn't a joke. Also, my supposed husband is the soon to be king of the kingdom of Ninjago, but let's back track.

Hi I'm Jewel, I recently graduated college and live with my friend Mara and her boyfriend right across our friend Marvin and his family. Life is great, I have a stable job, a house, food, and I recently decided to try dating(again). However, a certain letter arrived. Here's the morning.

"Hey Mars, Connor." I yawned, passing both of them a plate of eggs. "Good morning Sunshine." Mara greeted with a yawn as she grabbed her and her boyfriend's breakfast. "Morning Jewel." Connor smiled sitting next to his girlfriend as I toasted a piece of bread.

"So do we have plans today?" I asked, sitting across from the two as they exchanged glances. "Marvin and Pen have a date night, they asked if we wanted to join." Connor said sheepishly, playing with his food as I looked at him blankly. "And well we didn't want to say no," Mara started, "but we have the afternoon and morning. So if you want to do somethin-" I covered her mouth and gave her a smile. "It's fine, I just heard there's a new cafe we can go to another day." I answered, fluffing up her hair. "I'm really sorry Jewly." Mara frowned, placing a hand on mine. "It's fine Mars chill, you guys have fun, maybe I'll spend time with the baby." I responded as her eyes darted to her boyfriend. "Oh my go- it's Marvin's brother isn't it?" I asked as they both nodded. "Never mind then, I'll go out with some of my colleagues. It's fine." I yawned, poking at my breakfast. Why hadn't any of the people I'd gone out with clicked yet? It was so easy for Mara and Marvin, why was it so hard for me?"

"Speaking of date night, how was your date yesterday Jewel?" Connor asked as I groaned. "He was a creep." I answered shortly as Mara's filled with concern. "What did he do?" She asked as I took a sip of water. "Kept carcessing my hand and I'm 80% sure he did something with my drink- not that I drank it but y'know." I shrugged as Mara gave me her 'you poor little thing' look and Connor opened his mouth. "Mars don't give me that look and Connor I swear if you say go out to libraries or bars I'm going to overcook your soft boiled eggs for a week." I scowled as they both backed off. I'm normally not so...irritated but bad dates do that to me. Then there was a knock at the front door.

"Here I'll get it." Connor said quickly, practically jumping out of his seat.

"Jewly, I know it's hard. Dating always is but you'll find someon-"

"JEWEL IT'S FOR YOU!" Connor called as I frowned and went to the front door, it was an old man with grey hair, a lot of wrinkles and a small moustache and goatee.

"Hello, can I help you?" I asked with a smile as the old man took in several deep breaths and I saw a bike behind him. Odd, he probably wasn't from here but no city(or other post office) that was remotely close to our apartment.

"Hello, are you Jewel Brookestone?" He asked after fully collecting himself. "Yup, do you need something?" I asked, leaning against the door frame as he pulled out a letter and a small box. "These are from you, important mail all the way from Ninjago." He smiled, walking away to his bike. "Uh, thanks! Do you need a lift to the airport?" I called as he gave me a weird look. I don't think he knew what an airport was but he also probably didn't just bike here...right?

The letter was cool, it had a nice green wax seal with a little dragon. Honestly it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

"Hey what's with the letter?" Mara asked, pouring herself some coffee. "No idea, but it's probably from my brother. He went to Ninjago to work. I haven't heard from him in years though." I shrugged, putting the letter on the kitchen counter. "Open it, it's probably important if it's from another country." She smiled, passing me a mug and butter knife. "Kingdom actually, and it's probably nothing crazy. I'm from Ninjago, I get mail from there all the time." I sighed as both Mara and Connor's eyes became as wide as saucers.

"YOUR FROM NINJAGO?" They exclaimed as I gave them the look. "Yeah- how did you guys not know?" I asked as they gave me a weird look. "Y'all it's not that deep- oh crap it's an official letter." I murmured as I studied it.

"Official?" Mara asked as I carefully opened the letter. "Yeah, from the government." I answered, waving my hand as I pulled it out. It read in the prettiest calligraphy I'd seen in my life;

Dear Mrs. Jewel Brookstone,

We are pleased to tell you that your wedding to the heir of the Ninjago throne is valid and we apologise for taking a long time to process it. Congratulations on your twentieth wedding anniversary.

Sincerely,

P.I.X.A.L. & The Department of Marriage

"Oh First Spinjitzu Master."

"What's wrong?" Mara asked, she and Connor were really concerned and I was flabbergasted.

"Good news I can technically come to date night and I don't need a boyfriend." I started as they both gave me a weird look. "You need a date for date night it's on the na- why is your face like that?" Connor asked, hiding behind his girlfriend.

"Well guess what. I'm married." I answered with a smile. "What?" They asked with wide eyes.

"Oh, and apparently it was our twentieth anniversary."

"WHAT THE H-"