[Prologue]

A U T H O R

A girl around 16 years was running around the park while giggling softly with a boy following behind her closely. She looked behind and saw him running behind her with a determined expression lacing his face. She chuckled and fasten up her pace.

"Sharna wait...you can't just run away like this after ruining my assignment." The boy spoke with a hint of anger in his voice while she just chuckled.

He sighed and stopped on his track giving her a irritated look.

After realising that other one was not pacing after her, the sound of giggling and running died down slowly as she turned around looking at him completely dumbstruck.

He stayed glued to his place as he gazes her petite figure with a hint of annoyance.

"You know i spent 5 hours on that assignment Sharna!!"

He voiced out in complete anger at her childish act. Sharna looked down feeling guilt engulfing her senses as she understood the gravity of her mistake.

"I am sorry ivu." She spoke with guilt as she refused to look up in his eyes, he made an annoyed face and left from there. Sharna looked up with a melancholy expression on her face, she never thought him to get this angry but again she was at fault this time.

No one was to blame there but her.

She stood there feeling regretful when her bestfriend Ishika approached her with hesitation evident on her face. Ishika gently patted the younger one's shoulder giving her a reassuring look she smiled and dragged Sharna along with her to the house.

Both the girls entered inside and was greeted with the sight of Ivaan seating on couch and doing his assignment again. Sharna felt guilty for making him do all the work again.

Ishika sensed the tensed environment and cleared her throat and soon she was the circle of attention.

"Bhai Sharu is sorry for her grave mistake she didn't knew it consumed this long of your time." She smiled and hit Sharna with her elbow who quickly nodded with a pout on her face.

Ivaan sighed as he placed his assignment file on the table and stood up, pacing towards both the girls he leaned down to there level.

And with a smile he spoke. "It's not about knowing or not knowing how much time that assignment took me to finish, it's about doing wrong in the name of fun. I know she did not intend to make me angry but what she did was wrong."

Ishika quickly nodded her head followed by Sharna.

"She won't repeat it again." Ishika being the elder one promised to which Sharna nodded, Ivaan smiled at his sister and her friend before nodding and leaving to do his assignment. Sharna mumbled a small thank you to Ishika who gave her a beautiful smile.

"So let's talk when you reach there?" Ishika asked with her sweet smile still adoring her lips to which Sharna nodded and gave her a beautiful smile before leaving for her house.

Ishika engulfed her in a good bye hug to which Sharna just patted her back.

"Sorry I didn't not wanted to make your last day here like this." Ishika finished while wiping her tears, Sharna noticed those tears and again hugged her as if her life depends on it.

Ishika broke from the hug and took out a blue velvet box from her pocket as she forwarded it towards Sharna.

"What's this?" Sharna took her time to examine the mysterious box and then looked at her friend with a curious look adoring her face, Ishika chuckled and pinched her cheeks to which she made some faces.