11 - September 1989 pt. 1

The castle was everything Hollyn had expected it to be and so so much more.

Louis Selwyn ran his fingers through his messy black hair, the mischievous steel-colored eyes twinked at the girls. "Well," He said like he had no cares in the world. He did, he wasn't even the heir to his family, he was the son after the spare meaning he had a lot of leeway to work with. He could afford to have many screw-ups as much as he liked. Plus he was the favorite son of his mother. She would never let him be cast out. "I for one am so looking forward to sticking it to my cousin Leopold."

Hollyn pressed her lips together because of course, snobbish purebloods would use a name like "Leopold"

"Why?" Jessenia asked beautiful pin-straight red hair that bordered more of an orange than a red fell over her shoulder.

"He's an arse. Why not? The git has his nose so high in the air that it's a wonder he can walk."

"How are you going to stick it to him?"

Some boy with honey-blonde hair that had been pulled back in a tight French braid had joined the three of them in a boat once the Weasley Twins realized they wouldn't be able to both fit with Lee Jordan. He said his name was Archie Weaver, a half-blood. Archie was shy, with watery golden eyes. It looked like he had a blood inherence from a panther or some other feline. They glowed eerily. And Holly thought they were so badass.

"The trunk full of practical jokes says it."

Oh, dear Circe, Hollyn shared a look with Jessenia. It appeared Louis was going to be the joker of their group. It made sense because even his appearance was messy and he had been cracking jokes all through the train ride. 

The castle overhead towered over them as they sailed closer to the cliff it stood on. "Heads down!" yelled Hagrid as the first boats reached the cliff; they all bent their heads and the little boats carried them through a curtain of ivy that hid a wide opening in the cliff face. They were carried along a dark tunnel, that seemed to be taking them right underneath the castle until they reached a kind of underground harbor, where they clambered out onto rocks and pebbles. They walked up a flight of stone steps and crowded around the huge, oak front door.

"Everyone here?" Hagrid raised a gigantic fist and knocked three times on the castle door.

The door swung open and a tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes stood there. She had a stern face though her eyes were kind.

She looked just like Maggie Smith. Hollyn was seriously starting to question why everyone looked like their film counterparts. It was hard to look at Sirius sometimes and wasn't that a horroric issue?

He didn't look like Gary Oldham but he most definitely looked like Ben Barnes playing the Darkling but with longer hair. It was seriously screwed up given that she vividly remembered crushing embarrassingly hard on the man to the point it was concerning. As a toddler, she didn't think much about it but now? Now she was physically twelve and even if her mind was mature, her body said differently.

Ugh. The horror of finding your adoptive father was good-looking as fuck. This isn't Alabama, Hollyn.

"The firs'-years, Professor McGonagall," said Hagrid.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here." She pulled the door wide open.

The entrance hall walls were lit with flaming torches guiding their way to the magnificent marble staircase facing them that led to the upper floors.
Hollyn turned slightly on the stone floor to where she could hear the drone of hundreds of voices from a doorway to the right. The Great Hall was packed, with students chatting wildly with one another. Professor McGonagall showed the first years into a small empty chamber off the hall. They crowded in, standing rather closer together than they would usually have done, peering about nervously.