𝟎𝟑. visiting the garden gnome emporium

・❥・

・❥・

SONG QUOTE: pluto projector by rex orange country

The great protector
Is that what I'm supposed to be?
What if all this counts for nothing
Everything I thought I'd be?
What if by the time I realize
It's too far behind to see?

--

third person pov

The door creaked loudly as he opened it.

Percy let out a light sigh, studying his environment. The room was filled with thousands of little trinkets and do-dads that probably have no purpose anymore.

With each step he took, he felt the floorboards from underneath him shift. He kept his chin up, not knowing what to expect next. The horn of the minotaur sat on a wooden chest, a reminder of the flood of emotions that had drowned him that night. He continued onward.

An old figure sat in a chair, sleeping --or dead. --

Percy gulped when shivers ran down his spine. He mustered up courage to say something. Something with a brave tone accompanying it.

"Hi." He crumbled inwardly as his voice cracked unexpectedly. "I'm Percy. It's nice to meet you."

He paused, the wind whistling replies. He knew he seemed crazy right now, talking to a dead body. "I was told a quest isn't a quest until you've said so?"

Nothing.

"Which is weird considering you're a halloween decoration." 

A draft suddenly blew inside as whispers whirled around him. He almost pissed his pants. "Ohhh jeez.." 

It suddenly sat up straight, it's eyes still closed. Percy was weirded out to the core. "You seem busy, I'll come back." He spun on his heel.

He heard the Oracle begin to breathe. He turned his head and saw green smoke seeping out of the body's mouth. He watched in curiosity before stepping forward,

only to see it was a silhouette of Gabe.

"You shall go west and face the god who has turned." Percy cringed at the sound of his voice ringing in his ears. "And you shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned."

Percy listened intently.

--

"The Oracle has confirmed what we expected," Chiron began, looking at each of the demigods who stood in a circle. "That this quest will proceed toward the Underworld, where you will confront the god who has rebelled against his brothers.

Hades."

(y/n) stood tall, taking quick peaks over at Annabeth. In all honesty, she was hoping she'd be able to sleep in today, but the daughter of Athena had insisted this was important.