Chapter 3

It took a few minutes for Blaze to calm down from the fight, but once he did, he slowly got back to his feet, wiping tears out of his eyes.

"Alright, let's get going..." Blaze sighed, walking into the room he'd been trying to get into before Penilla attacked. It was a small room, much smaller than the previous rooms, with just a lemonade stand. There was nobody at the stall, but there was a seemingly fresh bowl of lemonade sitting there.

"Nobody's here..." Phantom murmured. Blaze frowned but didn't say anything, just glancing at the sign.

"5g for a glass of lemonade." Blaze read aloud, crossing his arms over his chest with a small huff of annoyance, "That seems cheap. Not that I know anything about monster economy..."

"Yeah, that's cheap. Where I come from, it'd probably cost more like 20g." Phantom explained, "But then again, who knows how long that's been sitting there for. There's not even anyone here to make sure you pay!"

"Guess you're right." Blaze remarked, glancing at the lemonade, grabbing a glass from the side and dipping it in the bowl, filling up the lemonade, "But I've been getting money from the fights right? It'd feel wrong not to pay."

"Well, it's up to you." Phantom replied. Blaze hummed in response, pulling some gold out of his pocket. He wasn't sure how he got it from the fights, but 5g was the majority of his money. Not that he particularly cared, he just put the 5g down on the counter, feeling proud of himself. With a light consciousness, he left the room and went the other way.

This room was definitely strange. It was completely empty, but it was a fairly big room with spikes on either side of the room. They didn't block anything so Blaze just walked around the room, glancing around in confusion.

"This place is empty." Blaze scoffed.

Out of nowhere, a giant piece of corn jumped in front of him. Blaze yelped in surprise, jumping back and staring at the monster. According to the menu, she was called Sweet Corn.

Unsure of what to do, Blaze pressed the act button, glancing at the option. He frowned in concern at the 'lick' option. He was almost definitely not about to lick a very clearly sentient being.

It took a second to decide what to do, but Blaze eventually chose to hug Sweet Corn. She got stuck to his shirt for a few seconds but Blaze still managed to pull away easily enough, just in time to see a piece of corn coming towards him. "I'm feelin' the love!" Sweet Corn chirped. Blaze certainly wasn't feeling any love.

Confused, he was quick to start trying to avoid it, only to quickly realise it was following him.

"A homing missile? You've got to be kidding!" Blaze snapped. Sprinting for his life, he tripped to the ground, hitting the ground pretty hard. Thankfully, Sweet Corn's attack stopped as she stared at him, looking concerned.

Blaze didn't say anything, just hit the spare button, so Sweet Corn hesitantly hopped away. Getting back up, Blaze noticed something on the ground where Sweet Corn had been a few seconds ago. A piece of candy corn.

"Oh, she left a gift..." Blaze muttered. He picked it up and put it in the bag he had brought with him. While he didn't plan to be stuck down here, he had brought it to carry some food on his way up on the mountain.

"How sweet of her..." Phantom sighed.

Glancing at the two exits, Blaze decided to go to the one on the left. This one was even smaller than the lemonade room, with a bridge towards another part of the Ruins, but it was broken and there was no way across it. There were a few oddly-shaped pebbles, but other than that, the room was empty.