Mommy Dearest

"Mom! MOm! MOM!"

"Yes, Sweetheart?" 

Saiki Kumari was sitting by the window reading when her oldest - and only - daughter came speeding down the hallway. 

"Look!" Kureha excitedly exclaimed with a gleeful expression as she stretched out her hands.

In her hold was a slightly crumbled pink envelope with hearts and bunny stickers, and at the top left corner was wording that read:

To my favorite mother<3

Kumari chuckled, "Sweetie, I'm your only mother." 

But she still took the token of love and favoritism form her daughter in a delicate grip.

"I know, but still!" She hugged her mother and smiled up at her.

"And is today someday special or something?" The Saiki was perplexed, her kids never usually did something like this unless they were trying to ask for something or-

"-did you do something wrong?" She raised a brow at Kureha.

"Why do you always think that I did something? Can't I just show my favorite mom some luv?" She pouted at her mother and blinked her innocent eyes.

"Mmhm. I'll pretend to believe that for now." And she hugged her daughter back.

-_-

"Mom?"

"Yes, Kuu number three?"

Her second eldest son groaned, "Please don't call me that. I beg of you. I beseech you, mother."

"No."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Please? <333"

"How about... No <3"

He sighed and crossed his arms, "Fine. Do whatever you want, I don't care."

"I don't remember asking for your permission, but thanks. I also don't care."

Kuutaro sighed once again and handed his mother a handmade origami rose, "Here, this is for you."

Kumari blinked, "...Really?"

"Yes."

She accepted the rose and raised a suspicious brow at her son, "Is today special or something?"

"No."

"Then...?"

"Can't I just show my own mom some appreciation?"

"Not really, you rarely every do something like this, did you lose a bet to Kuuichi again?" 

Kumari loved her son, don't get her wrong, but this was very unusual. Was today Mother's Day or something?

"NO!"

-_-

It was just past lunchtime and the female Saiki was cleaning up the dishes from the table, when her youngest son Kuuichi decided to help her with the dishes.

"...Am I going to die today or something?" She stared at her son with a bewildered look.

"Mom! Don't say stuff like that!" Kuuichi whipped his head to look at his baffled mother.

"But you never help with the dishes! You help me clean other stuff, sure! But you hate dishes the most!"

"I just felt like helping my mom with the dishes today, is that so wrong?"

Okay now something was really suspicious! Why were all of her children being so... nice today???

She'll have to ask Kuu number one about it later, AKA her husband.

-_-

Saiki Kumari stared intently at her eldest son, Saiki Kuzen from the unfamiliar comfort of the couch.

He was... baking.

She sighed and flopped her head into her folded arms, "I think I'm really going to die today."

He snapped his head up to look at his mother from the kitchen, "Mom! Why would you say that! Take that back!"

Kumari giggled and said, "Take that back, Leorio!"

Kuzen rolled his eyes at his cultured mother, "Stop that."

"No, it's just that all of my cute, little kids are acting so nice today! I would think that the world is going to end!" She lifted her head back to stare at him.

"Well it's not, so don't say stuff like that!"

"Yes, yes, my dear son."

-_-