Chapter 6

Time unknown, Jacob's POV

After a little bit of walking, we could get to the castle. There was no one visible there and to be honest, the castle looked like that one in my imaginations when my mother read "Beauty and the Beast". Maybe something will happen when we get it, or perhaps it will be a part of a fairytale. I was going to keep that in mind, maybe it will be useful.

"It's pretty big, don't you think?" Vanessa asked, as she stopped to observe the castle better and rested her hands on her hips.

"Yea, it is. Why not we go inside?" Plamen asked.

"Yea sure" Irene spoke and I just nodded, it's not like I have anything to say.

We all got in the castle. The first thing that caught my attention was the few shiny locks on the some doors in the main hallway. Was this some kind of security? I couldn't understand anything of it.

While I was caught in my own thoughts, Irene's voice broke me from the thoughts. "Look I found key! It has the same color as that one lock over there." She was pointing towards a door which had a sign, when I got closer I saw it was the kitchen. I decided to  look throught the doork knob before letting my sister open that door.

She unlocked the room revealing a big kitchen, there was strangely any food. We all looked around for something usefull. All we could find was

- flashlight
- a bronse key
- a photo of the royal family, expect their faces where covered
- backpack
- scissors with lock? (I was confused as well)
- a little card with clue
- dead bird

Some where usefull and other were either strange or confusing. Well we could only blame the game for this. I guess this is a sort of a escape room. I don't want to show off, but I'm pretty good at escape rooms. I used always to go one of these escape rooms when I was little and always finish it first.

"I think I know where are we" I said finally

"Where?" Vanessa asked.

"In escape room" When I said this, Plamen's eyes widened.

"So this is why I had a hour to find escape for that library." Plamen mumbled.

He had hour? We were there for just a munite. 

"What do you mean? We weren't even there for 10 munites?" I asked.

Plamen pulled out a note. It was a note saying that he had a hour to find a escape. So he wasn't lying?

"Alright, I belive you now, but how long did it took you?" 

"Around half and hour and maybe more, I had to push 2 shelfs down, but at the end managed to escape us out from that." Plamen let out relieved sigh, he must have got throught alot while trying to save us.

"Atleast we all are safe" I reassured him.

"Let's go and find escape from this uh... level" Irene joined the talk. "I think we should call it level, because who knows what else will there be." 

"Yea, you're right. Let's go." Vanessa said.

Both of the girls started walking towards one of the halls of the castle, not caring if me and Plamen are behind them. Well it's normal for them, they have always been like that, so we decided to don't follow them like we always do and see their reactions.

Time unknown, Irene's POV

Vanessa and I strolled down the corridor, assuming that the boys were following us. We both where talking where the key should be. Moreover, we touched upon the subject of the photo featuring the royal family during our conversation. It was for sure tsrange that their faces were covered. Upon flipping over the photo, a captivating sight awaited us - a door featuring a striking green lock. What truly piqued our curiosity, however, was the numerical code etched right next to it: 7220.

"Vanessa, look! There is a code here" I called out for Vanessa,while still staring at the code.

"Code? Wait, show me." She reached out for the photo and I handed her the photo withe code.

She swiftly took the photo and examed it slowly, probably searching for any clues. She was either flipping the sides or looking around, trying to see if there is something who need 4 digits code.

"Boys-" When she said that her eyes went wide. What did happen? I looked the behind me to see that the boys were gone. Where they here at first?

"We are lost aren't we?" I asked quietly, without turning to Vanessa.

"As you can see, yes." 

"And what are we going to do?" Now I had turned to her.

"Just walk until we meet them" She shrugged and started walking.

I sighed. This girl... I swear one day we are going to get in trouble because of her, oh wait, we are ALREADY and it's because of HER. But I still followed her. 

During our walk, a door came into view, and upon closer inspection, we noticed it had a lock that necessitated the use of a four-digit combination. And of course we went fast as we can to try out the code. And guess what... It worked!

Basically, the room was a straightforward bedroom with a queen-sized bed, wardrobe, and a few books on a small shelf. It was pretty plain to be honest. We both got inside and started searching for something. I was slowly loosing hope until Vanessa called out.

"Irene, look!" Vanessa's voice echoed in the room.

I turned to look at her, only to lock my eyes with a map, which on top of it was written with bold letters "Map of the castle". I guess it was the castle's map. Wait, we might find our way through the catsle! And the best, find the boys, because they have more experince in this than us.

"Good job, Vanessa. We will find the boys faster and even the way... Oh uh, do you have pen or pencil?" I scanned the room to see if there is a writting equpiment somewhere.

"No, is there any around here?"

"Haven't checked, so I'll do now" I said and started observing again. Soon enugh I found one pen.

"Found one. So here is my idea. If we find a locked door we will just write down where." I suggested

"Good idea" Vanessa nodded.

Together, we began our journey down the seemingly endless hallway, our main objective being to find any additional locked doors. We proceeded cautiously, refraining from inspecting the other doors out of fear that an unforeseen danger could be lurking behind them. We passed few doors and marked some doors as well, untill we heard sound from footsteps cooming from behind us.