Teaser

I ran through the wet streets, the icy fog stinging my face. Was I fighting for my life? Or was I dreaming? I had to be dreaming right? Suddenly, I slipped, rolling across the soaked roads. The pain shot through my wrist like a pin through the thread. I pulled it against me making sounds of pain, trying to control it. "Finally you've given up." said the mystery man's voice as he walked towards my trembling body with his group. "Now we can lure that devil out" said another, grabbing my hair and dragging me away. I screamed out into the abyss but no one was coming to rescue me. It was a hopeless cry. Deep down I knew it but it was better than giving up and dying. I screamed out in pain feeling a hell-bent point stab through my leg. I tried to hold them back but the tears came flooding. "Pl-Please let me go.. I don't know what you're talking about!!" I yelled pleadingly. "Oh, he hasn't revealed himself yet? Well we'll make that happen" he said ripping the knife out of me as I yelled out more and glared at him. I tried to look as intimidating as possible but in the end I just looked like a lost puppy. He went to stab me again but the knife flew out of his hand suddenly. I looked up confusingly to see a dark figure, standing just outside of the streetlight. "Let her go.." his voice was deeper than anything I ever heard and has a tint of anger. "Is it really him?" the man holding me in place questioned. Suddenly he went flying across the sidewalk and I fell to the ground, covering my head and ears and squeezing my eyes shut. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I slowly came out of my safe place. I saw an unfamiliar man, but something about him made me feel.. safe. "Are you okay, Cho-hee?" his voice was now warm and reassuring. It made me calm and feel safe.. "Wh-Who are you..? How do you know my name..?" I spoke with fear as he helped me up and held me as I still trembled. "Your secret protector".