Something Dear

Years ago na'vi children in the western frontier were taken from there clan by humans, they soon began there training in TAP.

The children were raised and trained like they were humans, but that unfortunately made them start to forget their na'vi heritage, but they still hold the things they barely remember dearly.

A na'vi girl named Ah'so keeps a tiny wooden angtsìk that was carved with the help of her mother, the only thing she has left.

She takes it everywhere but try's not to let it be seen by the humans especially John Mercer, the man that is the cause of the children being there. He just wants them to be formed to soldiers to fight against there own people.

Of course the children don't know that but are skeptical about the things that TAP wants them to learn. The humans of course tell them it's for another reason.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

Currently the children are in the cafeteria eating there dinner after a long day of learning again.

Ah'so is looking down at the table playing with her little wooden toy completely in her own world of thought.

She thought how the creature that her wooden toy was supposed to be would be like up close, she was fascinated with creature even though she hardly knew anything about it, only how it looked.

She also thought about the dreams, that were more like nightmares, that had her mother in it. Ah'so hardly remembers her family but she often has dreams about some kind of memory. A memory about her watching her toy being carved and the sweet, comforting voice of her mother.

The memory dose not show her face, only her hands. Hands that use to hold her and make her feel safe, and carved the small toy creature made of wood.

Mercer says that her mother abandoned her like everyone else's family's but she doesn't believe that, she refuses to believe that. How could a kind, comforting, caring mother abandon her child?

Ah'so continued to play quietly with a small smile on her face as Mercer and two soldiers walked in and the children stopped whatever they were doing and faced them for a moment before looking at another direction, not wanting to look at the man they did not like.

Mercer walked over but not as close to the tables they were sitting at, he would do this to make sure that everyone wasn't doing anything he didn't allow.

Ah'so immediately stoped playing with her toy and tried to hide it by covering it with her hand but unfortunately Mercer saw it and walked over to her.

"Ah'so, your not allowed to have that piece of wood outside your bunk" he said as Ah'so held the carving tightly not saying a word.

"You know the rules, yet you disobey them" he sighed then held out his hand unfortunately of her "give it to me, now" he said in a stern tone.

Aho'so looked down at his hand, she didn't want to give up the only thing she has. She held her toy even tighter, Mercer didn't like that.

"Listen Ah'so, give it now, I am not asking" he definitely did not have the time for this. The other children just watched, they couldn't do anything cause they knew it would only make things worse.

Aha'ri tho wanted to lash out but her younger sibling wouldn't allow it so she just stayed put glaring at Mercer.

Nor definitely wanted to lash out at Mercer as much as Aha'ri did, he like everyone else knows that Ah'so's carved toy was dear to her, he had a strong bond with her so he always felt the need to help, protect, and comfort her.