prologue ─ live from new york

act one , prologue

act one , prologue ...
love from new york !

( september of nineteen ninety-one ! )

( now playing ... roam ─ the b-52s ! )

── ✧ ──

THE STREETS WERE BUSY . CARS AND TRUCKS on the road, people on bikes, walking on sidewalks in the muggy but slightly cool air on this September evening. The sun's almost set, a dark blue that is currently over the sky as the streets were still lively. New York was always the state that never really slept, especially between the summer and the warm parts of the first fall month. New York was all noise every part of the day. There was no rest. You heard cars, people laughing, the road rage. Every sound you could imagine, or every sound that you've never heard, comes from the depths of the state of New York.

But perhaps the most chaotic part of town was a firehouse. A firehouse that hadn't been in business until a group of parapsychologists and their two blue collared friends eventually took that firehouse over. The Ghostbusters had been in and out of business, but were officially back after the ghostly Pink Slime Incident that happened two years prior. They would get calls in and out, capturing ghosts and ghouls alike, getting rid of the potential horrors that took over the city.

But, the firehouse building was quiet for the evening. The three remaining Ghostbusters in their beds that were in the upper floor of the workplace. The desk was empty for the night, other than the radio that was sitting on it. It was on th news station rather than a music station.

Sydney-Anne Seymour hated that station.

But they leave it on for a while, simply because her partner liked the AM setting on the radio. It has been like that for the past four hours they've been researching and conducting experiments. One of which Syd actually needed the radio for.

Syd, currently working on one of the traps that needed to be fixed, finally looks up from their work. Goggles under their glasses. They could barely see a thing. It was a bit dark, maybe due to the goggles being on the night vision setting. They look down at their current project, working on the finishing touches of the newly improved traps.

"Hey, E? I don't wanna intrude on your news session, but I'm gonna need that radio."

There was no response. The lack of it makes Syd look up from their project once again. Their brows furrow in confusion, though it is unnoticed due to the goggles covering their eyes. They put the ghost trap down in a safe area, standing up off the floor. The place would've been eerily quiet if it hadn't been for that boring radio station. But that just made it seem scarier.

Syd started to walk away from the extra ghost trap they're working on, goggles still on their face. "E?"

No response.