his little girl | i

Happy Republic Day tum sab! I am back with another 3 part series (this one won't extend, pakka :P) Haven't proofread so agar koi mistakes/inconsistencies dikhe toh bata dena!

This is more of a jolly-banter kind of vibe, and a bit unique, I think you all will love it <3

❁❁❁

"Impossible!" A sharp irritated retort came from the bottom of the staircase. Nandini shut her eyes, wincing.

Steeling his jaws, Manik noticed the slender woman dressed in an elegant saree with her back to him, her hair tightly knotted in a bun as she paused in mechanically chopping the vegetables up for the next meal. The miniature version of her facing him on the countertop beside her was wiggling her feet and smiling until he had spoken.

He had heard them, there was no doubt about it. It was a grave mistake on Nandini's part to initiate such a controversial discussion in open confines. Her instincts had told her to bring the topic up at night, while she tucked her daughter in bed and spent some quality time chatting with her but no, Nandini had wanted some minuscule form of entertainment to keep her occupied while cooking and where had that led to...

Nandini put her knife down as Noor straightened in her spot, both of their attention now on the only man in the house.

"Tumhari himmat kaise hui aisi baatein karne ki?" He blurted callously as he approached them, and Nandini felt an instinctive need to do some damage control. 

She went around the island in the middle of the kitchen, bridging some of the distance with her hands stretched to either side. "Manik, bacchi hai woh!" Manik's strides were swift and he made it across the living room within a couple of seconds.

"Bacchi hai toh bacchi ki tarah behave karna chahiye na!" He scolded and his eyes flared at the little creature making faces at him while wreaking havoc in his life, "Dekho, dekho kaise ghoor rahi hai!" He took a threatening step forward and collided with a petite frame who snatched all his attention away with just her presence.

Nandini's hands had closed around Manik's wavering forearms just as a waft of his perfume invaded her nostrils, bringing with it a serene primal urge that reflected in her eyes. She gleamed at her eternally handsome husband who had gotten out of his shower merely moments ago, tendrils of his hair still soaked from it, and wished he had graced her in this manner in their bedroom instead... perhaps without the black vest, and replacing his jeans with a towel, or boxers... or actually none of those.

Taking a very obvious gulp so as to control those dangerous thoughts, Manik reflected an inkling of the struggle she faced and found his fury gradually dissipating. "Lekin isme galat kya hai, why are you behaving like a monster?"

He held her arms and swivelled them 180 degrees, only his back directly in Noor's field of vision. "Mons–monster, huh!" He responded with a gentle smirk, insinuating something deadly to his wife as he dashed her body into his with a gentle force. The intensity of those pulls had drastically reduced since Nandini began carrying, but the passion in them had been just as blazing, if not more over the years.