Counterparts

Marinette/Isabella's POV

Marinette got up and turned to see the curtain glowing due to the faint sunlight streaming in from the window. She turned her head to the other side to see the kwamis sleeping peacefully except Tikki, who was so used to her sleep patterns that she always immediately knew when she was awake or asleep (the little tyke).

Smiling at Tikki, Marinette got up. She walked towards her desk wiping away the remaining sleep to take a good look at the small desk calendar sitting on her desk. She turned the page to the current date. The number 16 stared back at her.

'So,' she thought. 'Today I am meeting Wayne, Dick, Jason and Cass's girlfriends/boyfriends.'

She stretched and went to the bathroom for a nice long shower. After coming out well-cleaned and awake she went to her wardrobe deciding on what to wear. She finally picked out a soft gray track pants and a pink turtleneck which had a few geometrical designs embroidered on it with white thread. Ahh... a classic but stylish look. After getting dressed she walked out of her room to see Damian walking out of his room too. They nodded to each other as a greeting and proceeded to the dining room and were (honest enough to admit that there was) chaos, just waiting to happen.

As Marinette stepped into the room with her eyes closed, all chattering stopped.

She said (keeping her eyes closed), "I'll be meeting everyone based on seniority so first and foremost Wayne's counterpart."

Selina shot Bruce a look saying 'How much have you screwed up with this child of yours?'

She opened her eyes and so Selina gave a sly but soft smile. Though she was trying to hide her anxiety, nothing really remains hidden from the one who senses all emotions. Marinette felt the swirling anxiety within her.

"Only one question," Marinette said, giving a knowing smile of her own. "Can you cook?"

Selina shrugged. "basic acceptable food. I do know how to make burgers from scratch though."

"Acceptable enough." said Marinette, moving on to Dick's girlfriend.

She came face to face with Barbara. She squealed and hugged her well as much as she could seeing that Barbara was in a wheelchair.

"It's been so long!" she said.

"I missed you too kiddo," Barbara responded. "They really haven't been that in control since you left."

"OK you have the same question too," Marinette said. "Can you cook?"

"More than that dork can."Barbara said, pointing towards Dick who was watching intently, his aura dominant with anticipation seeing his girlfriend and sister interact.

"Ding-ding-ding," said Marinette. "That is the correct answer. Next!"

Roy came forward. Jason placed a comforting hand on his shoulder which clearly said 'Don't be afraid of her'.

Marinette gave him a searching look. "Look, it doesn't matter if you can cook, Jason can cook very well. However, one thing that you must answer is which Shakespeare play is the greatest?"

Some tension left Roy's shoulders. "Othello," he answered simply with a relieved smile. "Romeo and Juliet is clearly overrated since it is the most romantic play Shakespeare has written. However, it is stupid to ignore the in-depth betrayal that is depicted in Othello."

Marinette made finger guns at him and replied chirpily. "And that IS the correct answer. OK, who's next?"

Cass stepped forward with a girl behind her and gently pushed forward. The girl's eyes were averted, clearly too nervous to even look at her. Marinette's eyes on the other hand blew wide in recognition.