Chapter 11

The group -excluding Panda- was hanging around town after a mission well done;Maki and Inumaki wanted to buy some stationeries before tests began next week. Jujutsu High maybe a school for sorcerers but that didn't mean they're going to let their students into society without basic secondary academic knowledge. They had subjects like Japanese Language and Literature , English, Maths, Humanities and Science but a bit scaled down so they still have time for missions and training.

Currently they stood infront of a counter of a bubble tea shop to get some drinks before they head out. Kaede hums as she goes through the menu on the screen, her friends were already done order and now she was left. It wasn't often she'd go out for drinks like this as she often simply leaned towards green or barley tea so right now she was in a pickle.

She sighs as turn, Yuta who was beside her jumps slightly at he attention. "Suggest something for me, Yuta."

Yuta runs his brain as if he was doing a simulated from that simple question, He didn't think much of his order by getting a simple milk tea but for Kaede, he promised to himself that he wasn't going to let her down. She doesn't like coffee so that's out; he had seen her drink matcha but if that's want she wanted she would have order that so that leave him with the option of-

"I think brown sugar bubble tea is good." He plays it out nonchalantly. "But are you sure you want to get this-"

"I trust your taste,Yuta. " Kaede says without missing a beat as she proceeds to tell her order while Yuta looked as if his heart had just jumped out of her chest from the girl's unintentional heart fluttering bluntness.

Maki scowls at Yuta who was currently clenching his chest. "What the hell are you two doing?"

"...Im very passionate about bubble tea, Maki-san ."

"The hell...?"

With the bubble tea at hand and an extra as takeaway for Panda they finally go to the near by book store with Maki and Inumaki disappearing as soon as they enter.

They were going to here for long, that without a doubt Yuta knew. Maki who always had to use curse weapons was very particular when it came to things which she needs to grip. She needs the best pens which had a stable grips and rolls smoothly on paper and the same thing with her erasers.

Inumaki would rush of to the book section, the manga section in particular. He likes to go around read what's going around and maybe sneak  around the corners to avoid the nasty looks from the bookstore owner, who sees Inumaki as a person who was reading books for free without any intention of buying it.

But he didn't mind it, Yuta likes his friends and their presence. Everyday, ever since he was recruited to be a part of this was fun; which had the ability to even forget the torment he faced back in his school.

Yuta looks around, hands reaching out to examining stationaries so he could also buy something if it were to his liking. His eyes wander to see what his friends were up to, to see no one in sight except Kaede, who was sitting on a round desk with various chairs, an accommodation made for people to rest as they wander the store.

He smiles.

Kaede sits on the chair, her face flat on the table with her breathing stable, her shoulders move slightly go up and down. She looked so tired... Yuta sighs silently, his heart breaking at the thought oh how she return to dorms each time from her home, silent and confused; with each passing day the dark colour under her eyes seemed to be getting deeper. 'Just what are you going though? How can I help? Is it curses? I'll fight them for you so you can take a few hours of sleep more.'

Yuta takes a seat beside her, carefully lifting up the chair so it doesn't make any notices but never the less there was a slight creak but Kade doesn't notice -odd-. He leans his head on to the table taking in her appearance, light darkness below her eyes indicating she hadn't been sleeping well. 'Tell me so I can help."