Chapter 15

Muffled noises...? Who is this? Why is my name being spoken? Hello?

Why isn't my voice coming out? Hello?

Ah... I know that voice. His voice is always so soft and kind... I like it...

I want to respond to it... I-

"Yuta..." The muscles around the eyes twitch slightly as the blinding lights seems to obscure her sight; her eyebrows come together as she finally opened her eyes. She wants to bring her hands up to cover her eyes but the body felt heavy.

Her eyes take a while to adjust her vision but there was a blur figure beside her; pale skin and dark hair. Once she fully opens her eyes, she blinks it a few more times. "Megumi..?"

"Ah..." The dark haired boy, Fushiguro Megumi sits beside her as he breathes out, his once tense shoulder which was held high finally lowered as if he was relieved. "You're awake, Kaede-senpai."

"I suppose I am." Kaede breaths out, finally her memory comes back of the recent mission which has took place, a mission she is yet to know the outcome of...

"We are in Jujutsu High. Shoko healed you up." Fushiguro stand up and walks towards a nearby table to pick up a glass jar and pour water into a glass cup beside it. "Okkotsu-senpai is gone-"

"Gone?!" She stand up from the hospital bed she was resting on before she slumps down just as quickly, her knees felt awfully weak.

Fushiguro quickly puts down the glass set as he rushes to her side after a pause. He had never seen Kaede lose her composure like that.. "No as in— He is with Gojo telling what has happened." He brings his hands to hold her, one around her shoulder and the other below her knee; as he picks Kaede up and gently placed her back on her bed. "He will be back soon."

"Oh..." Kaede blinks. "I'm sorry for cutting you off and jumping to conclusions." Her heart raced heavy as her eyes lower in slight embarrassment but she could also see how her fingers were now trembling over the thought.

Kaede breaths deeply as she tries to comfort her heartbeat. Fushiguro scrunches his nose slightly before he takes a seat. "The curse which had been haunting the village has been exterminated before Gojo and I had even reached the site... Okkotsu senpai did it... and the two kids has been rescued as well."

He waits for a second before continuing. "Shoko had healed the little boy and girl first since they were in more extreme conditions and by the time she reached you, her curse energy was nearly depleted so you aren't fully recovered yet." His hands tighten into a fist as he looks over the blanket covering Kaede's figure.

"Thank god... I'm glad they're okay..." Kaede lets out an exhale before she turns to Fushiguro and smiles. "I hope you weren't too startled to see me in that condition..." it wasn't easy for her to see how the curse had affected the little girl, the skin of the body looked almost saggy but the face looked dried as if they were dehydrated; not to mention the pattern covering the body.

Fushiguro and Kaede met when Kaede was still in middle school; when Gojo would let him tag along in missions sometimes. The girl would sometimes be with Gojo in such missions or at times at the Kuji estate when Gojo would visit.

He didn't think much of her at first but over time , she did somehow grow on him more so when Tsumiki was hospitalized.Her eyes were always indifferent but she always seemed to know what to do and behave; if he was in a sour mood she knew the right thing to do would be to wait it out; if Gojo said a weird joke, she knew how to give a response which linked it back to him. She acted similar to a machine but you could guess that's what he grew on him.