Chapter 1 | A curious little thing

When Zilla Starrforé was born it was raining, a dark thunderstorm and a dark day. A day so foul and fair, balanced yet chaotic, right and wrong. Some would say it was fate, because on the day Zilla was born, so was another child, a child who she would soon meet and whose fate was so carefully intertwined with hers. This other child was born on a warm and sandy planet, during a sandstorm actually. His name, was Anakin Skywalker.

Zilla was a curious little thing, at least that's what her sister, who was just five years her senior, had always said. Nitra had been nine when her and her younger sister Zilla had been kidnapped and taken to Zygerria to be sold into slavery. Their mother had died shortly after birthing Zilla, and no one knew who or where her father was. Nitra had tried to stop them from catching her and her sister, but she was after all, just a child of nine years herself and there was not much she could do. 

They showed up at the hut the two sisters had been calling home abruptly. Zilla didn't remember that night much, just the feeling of being snatched and the sound of Nitra's cries to keep them together. They were kept in a cage; it was dirty and smelled horrific but at least they were together.

The Hutts had been there and bought them that day, well they had bought Nitra and she had begged and convinced them to let her bring her younger sister. She hated the Hutts, but they were not cruel masters, except when you misbehaved. She could vividly remember the first time she was punished with electric whips. They had whipped her until she passed out, and probably for a while after. She awoke the next morning to one of the togruta dancing girls rubbing a cooling ointment of the marks on her back. 

Nitra became a dancing girl shortly after she turned twelve. She was forced to pose and dance seductively in a flimsy bikini or in some small revealing clothes. She came back to her and her sister's small bed on the nights she didn't have to sleep beside Jabba or one of the other Hutts and she would cry silent sobs until she drifted into sleep. 

Nitra had learned to behave herself in the 5 years shed been a slave and she was allowed to wonder Tatooine. She had to wear a slave collar of course, it tracked where she was and if she wandered too far it would shock her. One day while she was looking for an engine for one of Jabbas many pod racers, she met a boy. A sandy haired, blue eyed, little slave boy. His name was Anakin, and they very quickly became friends.