|| 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕾𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙

It has been a week since the move and I couldn't just shake off the feeling that there's something wrong with Janson. 

He has been more distant since our moment in the helicopter and when I get around to ask him if he's alright, he just shakes it off and says he has important work to do. I was not phased by it. Something was indeed wrong and I had to find out whatever it was. 

Could it be the thing between us? 

Has Ava found out? 

Is he having second thoughts? 

After all this time, after all the things that has happened between us, does he not see me that way?

Was I just a fling to him?

No. I pushed those last few thoughts out of my mind. Janson must feel something for me. He is just scaring me and making me think of bad things.

I had to find him. I had to confront him about it and this time, not let it go. I loved him and I want him to trust me. Whatever it was that was bothering him, I felt it was something big. And I want him to feel as if he can confide in me. I want to be with him, by his side, no matter what.

------------------

"Janson!"

After hours of searching throughout the day, I had found him at the bottom of a corridor, talking to some scientists.

He looked up in my direction and his face changed from determination to nervous. He sighed and turned back to the scientists, muttering something to them, before striding his way to me.

I couldn't help but notice that the scientists had given something to him before their part. And that something Janson stuffed into his pocket before I could even get a glimpse.

"Dak. What are you doing here?" His voice sounded croaky and he looked as if he was sweating uncontrollably.

My hand made its way to his cheek but he moved away last minute. 

He stood there, a little impatient. 

"Well. What's on your mind?"

I jumped at his sudden change of manor. The way he had just snapped at me. I had seen him like this with WCKD guards but I would of never thought it would be around me, yet only me. I felt like crying, seeing him this way. But I knew I had to stay strong and my words from earlier played in my mind. I had to confront him about it and this time, not let it go.

"What's wrong with you, J? I haven't seen you around much and look at you, you look ill. Are you ok?"

Janson gulped. "Of course I am." His tone was the same.

I shook my head. "No your not. Please, Janson. You can tell me anything."

He just looked down at the floor and said nothing.

I scoffed, a little frustrated that he was pulling the silent treatment card.

"So, what's in your pocket?"

Janson looked up at this and his eyes narrowed.

"Nothing.

"Oh come on. I saw the scientists give you something. I just want to know what it is."

He huffed, suddenly realising that this time, I was not backing down. He pulled a small tube, containing blue liquid, out from his right pocket.

"This is what you want to see? This?"

I stepped closer but this time he did not move away. I looked down at the tube before me and I immediately knew what it was meant for.

"Well, that's a thing for the flare. Slows it down, right?"

Janson nodded his head but said nothing. His gaze becoming worried.

"But that means someone here has got the flare."

He nodded again and sniffed. 

I looked up at him only to see Janson with tears in his eyes. The sweating had continued and he was now shaking.

I shook my head in disbelief. "N-no. When?"

He bit his lip. "Three days ago." He managed to make out. A whisper but I heard it.

I knew he had little time. A week or two max.

"Dak." His voice was shaky. "I don't want to die. I'm scared." He put the serum back into his pocket slowly.

I stood there looking at Janson falling apart. I would of never thought that he was one to be emotional. I hugged him. It was slow, but he responded to it.

"Oh Janson. It's going to be ok. I'm here now. I'll never leave you."

He cracked a sob. "Oh but you will. The c-cure is nowhere to be found and I-I have no luck what-so-ever."

A tear rolled down my cheek. I couldn't bare listening to him like this.

"No. I will help you find it. I will not let you die. We haven't had enough time."

He continued to sob into my shoulder and his word ceased to exist. I knew that he didn't want to talk and I didn't blame him. I will find the cure if it's the last thing I do. I cannot let the man I love leave me like this. We both need more time.