|| 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗

It was a day after Janson was allowed and could physically leave the beach hut and I didn't see him much. It was a little strange and hoped that he was alright.

"Hey, Gal. Have you seen Janson?"

Gally looked towards me with a smirk. "Well a little bird told me that he was over there by the rocks." He gestured to a rocky part of the beach. It was quite private.

"Why is he over there?"

He shrugged. "Maybe you should go and have a look." He said with a grin.

I rolled my eyes and started to walk. "Look Gally, if this is some sort of joke, there will be consequences." I yelled behind me.

------

I arrived at the rocks minutes later. 

"Janson. You there?"

"Dak, is that you?" His voice called out.

"Yeah, but what are you doing out here sweetheart?"

He appeared seconds later and he was dressed rather smart. 

"Wow

"Wow. What's that for?" I pointed towards his clothes.

Janson looked down at himself. "Like it?"

"Oh yes." I chuckled. 

"You're not bad yourself." He looked towards me.

" He looked towards me

Oh, thank you."

"Ok. Follow me." 

He reached out his hand for me to grab and we made our way down the rocks and further away from everyone else. 

"I wanted to do something with you. You saved my life and think of this as a 'thank you'."

I was still confused and my expression showed that. 

Janson laughed. "Come."

He led me towards some stairs that led up to a grassy cliff. When we reached the top, I was surprised when I saw a picnic blanket laid out with several foods and a bottle of red wine.

"I knew you didn't like champagne so I had Gally get us a red."

"I love it, thank you sweetheart."

"I knew you would."

We embraced before sitting down to enjoy the date that he had set up. We talked and ate and laughed. Time flew by but we didn't care. We just liked being in each others company.

"Look."

Janson pointed towards the horizon where the sun was setting.

"I chose this spot so we could see it together." He murmured from behind me, his arms were wrapped around my waist and my head rested on his chest.

"I'm lucky to have you, J."

He scoffed. "On the contrary, love." He licked his lips before placing a kiss on my neck.

As the sun set, I was left to enjoy the feeling of being with the man I love in a place that I love. And that's when I realised that I wasn't a protector of WCKD or the Gladers. I was the protector of Janson, himself. I was his protector.