chapter 1- preparing to see him

26TH OF MARCH, 2023:

Lola sighed as her family continued to tease her about her best friend, Carlos.
"What's so bad about me going to visit him tomorrow?" She asked, slightly annoyed. Carlos was in England for a few days for quick trip, and him and Lola had organised to meet up on the 27th of March.
"Nothing, love. They're all just dramatic." Anthony, James and Lewis sent her an 'excuse you!' Look.
"We are not dramatic! She's our baby sister!" James feigned offence.
"Actually, Pip's your baby sister." Lola corrected him.
"Technically, you're also younger than us." Lewis tried to outsmart her.
"Whatever. I don't care what you guys think. He's just a friend." Lola stood up to put her dishes in the sink.
"Yeah, yeah. A friend." James rolled his eyes
"I'm serious!" Lola went to walk to her bedroom, but stopped when Lewis started speaking.
"A friend, for now." Lewis grinned, nudging James. Pippa and Alex giggled.

"So, 10am?" Carlos's voice boomed through Lola's phone.
"Yeah." Lola smiled. After a moment of silence, she spoke again. "My family keep teasing at me." She heard Carlos chuckled softly.
"Of course they do. They're lovely people, but your older brothers can be a bit protective." They laughed.
"Not just a bit protective, very protective." Lola giggled.
"We'll, I can't wait to see you."
"I can't wait to see you either."
"Bye, Lols." Lola sighed as she realised they had to stop talking.
"Bye Carlos." The phone call ended, and Lola hugged her blanket, drifting off into a peaceful slumber and dreaming about the next day.

27TH OF MARCH, 2023:
Lola put on a simple white shirt with some medium blue jeans, paired with pink converse. She had curled her hair a few days ago, so it was still slightly wavy, as opposed to her normal straight hair.
She put on a little bit of mascara, some concealer, and lip gloss. She had never liked to do a full face of makeup unless it was a super formal occasion. This was not. She was just visiting a friend. Just a friend.

Lola began to question if she actually did like him. Did she? I mean, their parents had made them kiss as toddlers, but that doesn't really count as liking someone. But did. Lola like him now? It did get annoying when her family teased her about them being 'friends', but could they possibly be more?

With one final spray of perfume, Lola walked out the door, ready to drive to Carlos's holiday home.