Chapter 6

You had a dream that night. It was another world. There weren't just humans, there were many more species. Everyone lived in harmony under the rule of king Solomon. But there was a man with white hair and [favorite color] highlights. He was sitting on his chair with many scrolls around him, he wasn't writing them. The brushes moved on their own, in some foreign languages. The man looked extremely lonely but continued supervising what the brushes were writing on the paper. Bight [favorite color] Petunia flowers in a vase, next to the man's arm.

The scenery suddenly changed. You saw two people looking over a cliff, a teenage boy with braided blue hair, and next to him was a young girl shorter than him with [hair color] and [favorite color]. You could only see them from behind but you can tell that they were gently holding hands as if to comfort the other.

You woke up, breathing heavily. Von was cozily resting in your arms. You realized that you were crying during your dream...

The next day, you avoided Aladdin the best of your ability. He tried to ask you many things but you only ignored him. You sat away from your friends for once during the new Ideology lessons.

You were a bit surprised that the chancellor himself was teaching every students himself about his "ideals". Everybody felt conflicted about the chancellor's speech, about how magicians were treated as tools or shield and serving under goi's was ridiculous. That's why the chancellor built a country for magicians, where all goi's are heavily controlled. After class, everyone would gather to debate on the subject. You never showed up. You would go walk off to a garden with Von, you didn't feel like talking to others recently. The only person you can open up to about your troubled dreams and your opinions on what the chancellor said was Von. You've learnt over the years how to communicate with Von, you telepathically can understand what he says.

"Von, don't you think all this wizard supremacy thing is good ?"

Von bounced a bit in the air before twirling twice.

"Ok, ok, I get. You completely disagree with the chancellor's point of view. I just wanted to know your opinion as your friend."

Von only twirled once.

"Why i don't want to talk about it to the others ? I just don't feel like talking to anyone right now... these dreams, the chancellor's speech... It's just messing my brain up honestly."

Von pushed you a bit.

"Give me some time... Also, I recently got a letter from home... l'est read it together"

You read the letter. The next few days continued on with the ideology class, hearing such horrible events on an everyday basis was getting a bit to you. You completely disagreed with the Chancellor's point of view but the horrid acts committed by the goi's were also very atrocious, you could understand the Chancellor's feeling but doing the same thing will only make history repeat itself.

Everything was really bringing you down, there was one highlight though...

You had found three recommendation letter for your Zemi.

The zemi was a special teaching program where only people who the academy expects to have a special talent in one of the classes recommended. These recommendation letters allowed the students to attend these classes but due to restrictions, you can only choose one though.

You had received "rukh's properties and alteration", "magic military strategy" and  "pros and cons of future prediction". You were extremely good at military strategy, you remembered the first book your older had ever read to you was a military book. You didn't like it but you would pretend to love it so your older brother would spend time with and talk to you. But as time passed he started to lose interest in military book and took interest in more questionable things so you ended up alone again. You still sometime read military books for fun or the nostalgia.