Prom Gone Wrong

Purple and white lights danced around the walls of Uzi's school gym room while there were teenagers swaying back and forth with their boyfriends and girlfriends.
"Ready?" N asked Uzi in a gentle tone.
"I umm.."
N was taking Uzi to the high school prom that was being hosted for the new year.
Uzi was wearing a short, dark purple tank top dress with two slim ribbons to tie off the back and some navy leggings. N was wearing the same clothes he wore to the first prom he went to with a bright yellow bow tie. He had also combed his white, fluffy hair.
"It'll be ok." He said, taking her hand. They both looked at each other and blushed, N gave her a little smile. He walked with her onto the court floor, squeezing through the other kids. Once they got to where everyone was, he put his hands on her waist lightly and she slowly reached up held his shoulders, then they started dancing like the other students while a slow and soft song played on the speakers in the background, setting a nice and calm tone.
Uzi was slowing down progressively. "N I don't know how I feel about this."
N frowned and stopped dancing. He knew she wasn't the lovey dovey "proms and dances" type.
"No it's fine-" She gave him an awkward smile.
"We can go sit down if you'd like." He didn't want to make her uncomfortable.
They both walked through the sea of teens to the teal and grey bleachers under the purple and blue light. They sat at the top left corner by the concrete wall in silence for a few moments, then N said.
"I'm sorry for bringing you, Uzi." He held his head low.
"No no no! You're fine." She touched his arm and realized what she did then she immediately put her hand back down. "It's just- I can't dance."
"Well, maybe we weren't made for prom- but that's not what matters. What matters is spending time together." He smiled at her, making her feel better.
"Hey, doll face. Wanna dance?" A random guy came up the bleachers and sat next to Uzi.
"No way. Can't you see I've already got a date?" She gestured towards N and he waved.
"You sure about that? He's not even doing anything with you. Come on down with me."
N looked away ashamed.
"Bite me. I'm not abandoning him. Plus, he's talking to me. If you're such a gentlemen, then why'd you interrupt us?" Uzi crossed her arms and looked straight ahead of her. N's eyes changed to his nervous ones.
"Whatever you say girly, but my offer still stands." The boy shrugged then walked down the stairs that were in the middle of the bleachers, then proceeded to flirt with another girl on the dance floor.
"C'mon. Let's get some punch." Uzi said, frustrated.
She walked down the metal stairs with heavy footsteps and N followed a little further back, looking down in embarrassment and guilt. When they got to the refreshments table, there was just enough punch for him to fill his cup.
"Great." Uzi mumbled.
"It's fine. They still have cookies!" N tried to lighten the mood.
"Alright." She smiled slimly.
They were about to look for the food when a girl came by and picked up the punch.
"Don't worry, you can have some! We're just refilling it real quick."
"Thank you!" N said cheerfully.
Soon there was a long line to get the punch after it was taken back to get refilled.
"Maybe we can try dancing again after?" Uzi knew how N felt.
"Sure. I love doing anything!" He smiled excitedly. She did too.
The punch came back and Uzi filled her cup, but when she took a step, she didn't know her dress was caught underneath the bowl. N looked behind him and saw it slowly sliding.
"Uzi! The punch!"
She thought he meant her cup and looked at it, then shrugged. She started walking, making sure her cup was leveled so it wouldn't spill, then the punch bowl fell, smashing into little glass pieces that slid everywhere as the red punch spilled all over the ground and her dress.
"Uzi-" He reached out to her.
But he couldn't finish because she ran off to the bleachers and sat on the highest one in the corner, blushing with extreme embarrassment. When she sat down, she had her arms wrapped around her legs with her head buried in her knees. N slowly walked up and lightly touched her on the shoulder.
"You good?" Then Uzi hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry."