The End

The next day, Lauren was outside moving boxes out of the garage and into a truck. She let out an exhausted exhale, as she wiped the sweat from her brow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the same time, Peter Parker was going to go over to the Cimorelli's house to talk to his crush, but froze, once he looked outside from the front door. 

"They're not moving, right?... No, no. They can't move. *She* can't move!... right?" he thought, to himself. 

Feeling defeated, Peter slumped onto the bottom stair of the staircase and breathed into his hands. Just then, Aunt May walked up to him.

"Peter? What's wrong, dear?" she asked, setting the laundry basket aside and sitting down in front of him.

"She's moving, Aunt May. *They're* moving."

"Sweetheart..." Aunt May asked, worriedly, as she put her hands on her nephew's shoulders. "Who's moving?"

"Lauren, the Cimorelli's. They're... they're moving."

"How do you know?"

Peter looked up, gesturing for Aunt May to look behind her. Once she saw what was happening outside, she smiled at her nephew, kindly and wisely.

"Then, go say something to her..."

"Like what? 'Why are you leaving?'"

"No, you stupid genius!" she slightly joked, swatting at Peter. "Tell her how you feel!"

Peter looked up, falling more in love with Lauren, as he watched her outside.

"I-"

"If you don't say it now..." began Aunt May, before she stood up. "Then, you'll sure as hell regret it later... I almost lost your Uncle Ben, when we were your and Lauren's age."

Peter slowly got up, looking like he'd just seen a ghost.

"...You mean, you guys almost never got together?"

"Mmm," hummed his loving aunt, in response. "Your uncle and I always flirted, and we both knew we liked each other... but we were too scared to say so. Back in high school, Ben was the best looking guy to ever walk that campus. He graced everyone with his presence."

Peter laughed, softly, thinking of his late uncle.

"Yeah, he sure did."

"But I almost lost him to Anna Watson, believe it or not. She was about to ask him out on a date herself, when I stormed right up to him and kissed him."

"Whoa, what?" laughed a shocked Peter.

"Mm-hmm! Right smack-dab on the lips!" confirmed Aunt May. "The point is, Peter... I've seen the way you look at Lauren... and I've seen the way she looks at you. You two are in love!... Don't let her walk out of your life, without her knowing how you feel about her."

Peter thought for a few seconds, before smiling and pecking his aunt's cheek.

"Thanks, Aunt May."

"Well, you're very welcome, Peter. Now, go get your girl... Go! Go!"

"Oh, right!" he cried, before dashing outside. "Love you!"

"Love you too!" she called, before chuckling to herself. "That boy has no idea that's not a moving truck."

And with that, Aunt May grabbed the laundry basket and went to start doing the laundry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lauren had the last box in her hands and was about to put it in the back of the truck, when she was stopped by a certain voice.

"Lauren!"

"Petey?"

"Just hold on, I need to talk to you!"

Peter ran up to her, panting.

"Petey, we live right across the street from you. How are you out of breath?" she giggled.

"I don't, ah... I don't know. Listen, I need to tell you something, but... why are you guys moving?"

Lauren shook her head, with a smile on her face, as she put the last box inside. Once the last box was in the truck, Lauren waved to the driver.

"That's all of it! Thanks, Stan!"

"My pleasure, kid! See you around!"

As the driver drove away, Peter finally saw the logo on the truck's trailer.

"...You're not moving, are you?"

"Geez, you sound disappointed," quipped Lauren.

"Hey, last time I checked, quips were my thing," he quipped back, joining Lauren in her laughter.

"So, what's up?" asked Lauren, still excited to see Peter.

Peter took a deep breath, before he began to speak.

"...My words aren't meaningless... They have consequences, whether those consequences are good... or bad... bad... or good."

"Petey," laughed Lauren.

"Uh... I've been meaning to talk to you. I mean, I have been talking to you! I'm talking to you right now! And I really love our talks! I do! So many... good talks! I- I just haven't been talking to you about what I should've been talking to you about... uh..."

"Petey..." Lauren said, with a little more seriousness in her voice, but still smiling, as she stepped closer towards him.

"Uh, hold on. Let me start again-"

Before he could restart his confession, however, Peter was pleasantly surprised, when he felt Lauren's lips against his. Peter happily melted into her, as he kissed back. When they needed air, the two broke apart.

"I like you too, Peter Parker..." panted a happy Lauren Cimorelli. "I really, really like you."

Peter smiled in response.

"I really, really like you too, Lauren Cimorelli..." he said, happily, before they kissed again.

The End.