~I dont want your pity~

Cover art done by me~ drawing of Raiku in swap AU (swapped with Hunter) 

———

NOW PLAYING- Nobody by Mitski

"And I don't want your pity, I just want somebody near me. Guess I'm a coward, I just want to feel alright..." 

———

I went back home, trying to ignore the whole golden guard incident from earlier. I didn't need to waste my time on that brat. He ruined my day! He's an asshole! Titan I just wanna smack him upside the head!! 

...and I'm hyper-fixating on him now...

ANYWAYS- I practically kicked the door open as I walked inside my house. 

"Rennnnnn?" I called out, and I was surprised when Raine came downstairs and looked at me. Wow they're actually home that's wild. 

"Oh hey darling, how was your day?" Raine said, walking to the kitchen. 

"Fine.." I said, as I took my shoes off at the door and walked over to the dining table and sat down so I could talk with them. Raine smiled as they put the kettle on the stove.

"That's good." Raine said. 

...

"Ren why weren't you home yesterday?" I asked. Raine paused. 

"Uh-"

"...?" I looked at them.

"Titan I'm so sorry Ri, I just got busy with work. You know?" They asked. Titan I love them, I just which being bard coven head didn't take up so much time. 

"It's fine, ren, I know." I said. Raine frowned as they waited for the kettle to boil, leaning against the counter. 

"Hey, how about, I ask to take tomorrow off?" Raine said, I flicked my eyes toward them excitedly. 

"Really?" I said with a smile. Raine nodded, as the kettle steamed and they turned the stove off. 

"Really. I'll ask when I go in for work tonight." 

I smiled, maybe this week WOULDNT be so bad after all. A nice day with ren to take my mind off everything, is just what I needed right now. 

"And you'll be home in time for dinner?" I asked. Raine smiled, making some tea for us.

"I'll be home by 6. I'll cook something nice and we can have a night together, I promise. How does that sound?" Raine walked over to me with two cups of tea. They sat down at the table with me, setting the tea down. 

"That sounds amazing, ren." I said with a smile as Raine slid the cup of tea over to me. 

"Cheers?" Raine raised their cup of tea. I chuckled at that and raised mine too.

"Cheers." I said. 

———

"..I promise."

———

The next day, I quickly got ready for school. I had to go early because of my excessive schedule, but I didn't mind it much. I put my uniform on, I noticed I had toor the cloak part a bit. Ugh..I didn't have time for this. I put some safety pins on the rip and it held it together, and honestly looked pretty cool. 

I grabbed my staff and sped out the door, mounting the staff and flying to Hexide. 

———

After my early morning class, other students started coming into the building. I left my classroom and was immediately tackle-hugged by Luz.