Chapter 20: Possibilities

Thissss is a lot of talking XD Short chap but I'm getting back into it, hope you (still) enjoy <3

///////////////////////////// 

If there was one thing that made the boys lucky to have Jin as a friend this year, it was that the Gryffindor was a Prefect. Besides being a great guy... and friend... and brother, yes, yes, of course all of that made them lucky to have him. But the Prefect thing really gave them privileges. For example, if they were out of their common rooms when they weren't allowed to, Jin could pretend to be escorting them back.

And now, after the whole ordeal with the dementor attacking Jungkook, Jin was the perfect guy to 'walk them to their common rooms'. Professor Longbottom and Professor McGonagall probably knew he was going to take the long way, but the teachers trusted him enough to look after the group.

Jin walked at the front of the group, as Geumjae whispered to them about the information he had gathered.

"So you're saying this is something Waldwick planned? He told you?" Yoongi asked softly, though he was rather surprised. He had expected a lot from Waldwick Senior, but never thought the old man would be bringing dementors to Hogwarts. What good would that even do to him?

"It's the diversion I told you guys about," Geumjae whispered in reply.

Oh... yeah. The diversion.

Jimin and Hoseok looked at each other, gulping.

"His diversion are dementors??? But- I don't understand. That doesn't make any sense!" Jungkook exclaimed, earning a smack on the head from Jin, who had turned around and hissed at him to be quiet. Jungkook glared at his brother, but lowered his voice with a scowl. "How could this distract us? It made it even more obvious that the school is at risk of being attacked! Why else station dementors here after two witches escaped Azkaban?"

"Yeah, it's obvious that there might be an attack," Jimin mumbled.

"Perhaps that's the point?" Namjoon suggested, to which Jungkook frowned even more. "Making us all focus on a potential attack while they're up to no good somewhere else?"

"Might be... Waldwick sure as hell knows McGonagall will have her hands full monitoring those cloaked corpses," Yoongi huffed. "He's probably threatened the Council in order to get them to request the dementors' presence!"

"Exactly." Geumjae nodded, confirming what Yoongi said.

Yoongi huffed again.

So that was it, huh? The diversion Waldwick and the Death Eaters created to distract the school and their Headmistress was to pretend the Galena sisters were out to attack Hogwarts.

Yoongi shivered at the possibility that the attack might not just be a diversion, there was a high chance it would actually happen.

"But... if the attack... or 'potential' attack on the school is a diversion... then what is their true plan? Last year it was definitely their plan to destroy the school, what are they up to this time?" Jimin spoke up. He looked at Geumjae. "Jae-hyung, do you know? Have... have you found out what part Taehyung plays in this?"

Geumjae grimaced and shook his head. "Waldwick is more set on me helping with the diversion than with their other plans. He hasn't let out much else. What I overheard, however, is that they are stationing more and more people at the Ministry of Magic as well."

"That can't be good," Hoseok said in shock.

"Why would they do that?" Jungkook asked, frowning. He looked at Yoongi, who stood next to him, but Yoongi shrugged. He had a few ideas of why someone would want more insiders at the Ministry of Magic, but he didn't want to say them out loud.