doctor appointment

A few days later, it's the day of Addison's first ultrasound appointment and she's sad she has to do it alone but knows she has to do things on her own. She hasn't heard or talked to Bryce since she told him she is pregnant and she's not surprised that he hasn't reached out or tried to fix the situation but I guess he isn't the person she thought he was when they first met. She gets home a little early in the morning so she can take her time to get ready and enjoy a good breakfast before heading to the doctor. She puts on a pair of leggings with a crop top and a flannel on top since she's not showing yet. She does a little bit of makeup but not a full face and left her hair down since it's curled from yesterday's photoshoot. She heads downstairs to the kitchen to make a protein breakfast to eat and fills up her Stanley cup with water to drink. After she finishes making her dinner she sits on the barstool and eats while she checks her phone but she sees Tiktokroom posting about how there are rumors of her and Bryce breaking up after they haven't been seen together or posted each other. She shakes her head and gets off her phone and just enjoys her breakfast.

30 minutes later or so she grabs her purse and heads to her car but sees Bryce had texted her while she was eating her breakfast.

Bryce: Hey, I was wondering if we could talk sometime today?

Addison sighs and replies back

Addison: I can't today... I'm pretty busy doing errands and I mean there's nothing to talk about. I got your answer about how you felt about this when I told you so I don't expect you to be a part of our lives. I hope you enjoy your life since I was holding you back from your true self which is partying and I was stupid to think we can have a future together. Goodbye, Bryce.

Addison presses send and gets in her car putting her purse on the passenger seat and drives to the doctor and tries not to let any tears come out. She listens to some music in hopes it'll make her feel better from this situation with Bryce. After a while, she gets to the doctor's and parks in a parking spot and she grabs her phone and purse and gets out of her car, and locks it. She walks inside the doctor's office but hurries up cause the paparazzi sees her and starts to take pictures of her outside of the doctor's. Addison sighs when she gets inside and walks over to the front desk to the receptionist.

Receptionist: Hello, how may I help you?
Addison: Yes, I have an appointment at noon.
Receptionist: Okay, what is your name?
Addison: Addison Rae
Receptionist: I got you all checked in, if you could just wait in the waiting room. We'll be calling you back shortly.
Addison: Thank you.

Addison sits in the waiting room and feels a little nervous about the appointment. She feels like maybe she's nervous because she has to do this alone and not with the guy she fell in love with and the guy she wanted to have a future with but I guess she was wrong about Bryce. She runs her fingers through her hair and sighs before the nurse comes to get her.

Nurse: *walks out in the waiting room* Addison?
Addison: *gets up from the chair* yes.
Nurse: Follow me. We will be going to room one.
Addison: Okay.

The nurse takes Addison to room one and closes the door behind them after they are both in the room.

Nurse: I'm just going to be taking your blood pressure and everything like that before the doctor comes in okay?
Addison: *sits on the bed* okay.
Nurse: *checks all her vitals* so what brings you in today?
Addison: I'm getting an ultrasound done.
Nurse: Okay. *writing things done on the clipboard* Will it just be you during this appointment? or will the baby's father be joining you?
Addison: No, it'll just be me.
Nurse: *writing* okay, just sit here and the doctor will be coming in soon to see you.
Addison: Thank you.

The nurse walks out of the room closing the door behind her and Addison waits laying down on the bed. Addison sighs with her hands on her stomach feeling anxious. A few minutes later the doctor knocks before walking inside the room.

Doctor: *walks in* Ms. Rae?
Addison: Yes, that's me.
Doctor: Nice to meet you. I'm Mr. Forbes I'll be your doctor during this pregnancy of yours and if you have any questions or concerns I'll be here for you. *puts on gloves*
Addison: Nice to meet you too.
Doctor: *sits next to her on a stool* Maybe I ask will it be just you during this pregnancy?
Addison: Yes, the baby's father doesn't want to be a part of the baby's life.
Doctor: I'm sorry to hear that, well we have amazing midwives if you have any questions during this process.
Addison: Thank you.
Doctor: Are you ready to see your little one?
Addison: Yes.
Doctor: Let's get started then.

The doctor grabs the ultrasound equipment and grabs the gel and tells Addison it might be a little cold then puts some on her stomach. The doctor starts the ultrasound and shows Addison on the ultrasound machine. Addison is looking while the doctor is showing her.

Doctor: This is your little peanut. It's still too early to tell if it's a boy or girl but I can say that your baby is healthy.
Addison: *looking at the screen getting emotional *
Doctor: you are about 4 weeks along which is a month long. Do you have any questions?
Addison: how early can you hear the baby's heartbeat?
Doctor: I would say the next ultrasound you have can be when you hear your baby's heartbeat for the first time.
Addison: *nods* okay, thank you.
Doctor: *gives her a towel to wipe the gel off* I would like to see you for your next ultrasound in about five weeks.
Addison: Okay.
Doctor: I'll see you in five weeks. take care of yourself and the baby in the meantime.
Addison: I will do that.

The doctor gets up and throws away his gloves then walks out of the room. Addison sits up and wipes the gel off her stomach and pulls her shirt down and gets up off the bed and goes to the front desk to make her next appointment.

Addison: that day should work.
Front desk: perfect.
Addison: Thank you.

Addison leaves the doctor and heads back to her car and realizes the paparazzi is still there and covering her face while she gets in her car to head home and already knows there are going to be articles about her since they saw her at the doctor's. Before she starts to drive she sees Bryce replied to her text and clicks on his message.

Bryce: Addi, it isn't like that. just let me explain pls. I miss you.

Addison sighs and doesn't reply to his text then heads home to have a relaxing afternoon to herself after putting the ultrasound pictures on her refrigerator.

Hope you guys liked this chapter. Will Addison let Bryce explain himself? or will this be the end of Braddison? find out what happens next in the next chapter coming out soon.