🔆||Genre Categories||🔆

Genre picking.

it's definitely a big deal around here, especially for the submission process. But with your awesome story being so many things, can you really just slap a label on it? It turns out you can! And we're here to help, so you don't sweat buckets over it.

Hello Nano Wattians it's Lily-Ann, for some the name might ring a bell.

When considering what genre you should place your story, think first of one thing: what is my story really about?

A queen riding into battle to save her beloved queendom.

A stuttering barista who is madly crushing on the hot brunette.

Or is there a sentient decapitated hand tickling's people's feet at night?

Jeepers creepers!

Once you have plucked your story for the string of "what it is" it's time to pick apart the fibers

Ask yourself:

Who is my protagonist?

What's their age?

Are they human?

Where is my story taking place?

What are the main tropes at play?

Once, you've made note of your tiny fibers it's time to see where they belong.

These fibers are the building blocks of genre so if you can name your fibers, you can name your genre!

Below are the descriptions of the 10 genre categories we feature for this year's awards. As you go through them start knitting your fibers together.

Have fun and all the best Nano Wattians for submissions!

:D

G E N R E S

》》FANTASY《《